• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Aircraft Class question?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, October 04, 2008, 03:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyNET

I thought the APC turret was going to be made useable in 1.3? It really should be.

TheJamsh

i agree. APC's are easy pickings... the turret will have to have its centre point re-done first...

GSH wont be working on BZII for a while, so i dont think well be seeing it soon, i hear hes busied up pretty good...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

GSH

Why *should* the APC's turret be driveable by the AI? I've added a ton of new things to 1.3. With this qualification: I think the new things will benefit the game. APC turrets just don't meet that cutoff. Sorry, but that's just the way I feel.

-- GSH

Commando

There are other classes that would benefit more from having turret support added to them.  For example a service truck.  It isn't rare for STs to get stuck on buildings while they back up to service an item located behind them which is why a turret would be useful.

General BlackDragon

That is true.

What happens when you give an assault tank a service truck AI anyway?

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

An APC turret may be helpful, but why not just use my dll method instead?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Tempest Storm

Quote from: General BlackDragon on October 13, 2008, 02:21:44 PM
That is true.

What happens when you give an assault tank a service truck AI anyway?

My guess would be nothing. I think that the repair/rearm ability of the service class in built within the classlabel itself; the player is capable of servicing friendly and allied units/buildings while piloting a service class unit by targeting them with the HUD. It seems that the AI process simply is used to make use of the CMD_SERVICE.

TheJamsh

surely it would be better to just reduce the chance of it getting stuck or going beserk...

@ GSH, its not neccesary, i guess 'should' is the wrong word... the wrod is 'it would be nice hehe'. i wonder if the FE guys could make use of it, particularly with the cerberi drone carrier. or similar... it would also be a great modding asset...

not trying to write blank cheques or anything. and not un-grateful for what youve done...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.