• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

AI + Force

Started by General BlackDragon, October 15, 2008, 05:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

What about the (Map Editor) AI level settings 0 1 2 3 4 etc thingy? Can a statement be added in the model ODF to override the default level and make it more aggressive/accurate? I don't really have a clue how it works, but it seems like a good place for adding allowable statements that affect how the game engine sets up the model when it creates it. If doable then a DLL thingy might not even be needed; don't really have a clue one way or the other though.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

General BlackDragon

sets up the model? nothing model related here :P

You mean when it sets up the AI.

*****General BlackDragon*****

mrtwosheds

Never managed to do much with these 1 odf weapons like force and vir, seems that most of their function is all done by the class.
All I ever managed to get the AI to do was turn it on, off, on, off and waste all its ammo.

TheJamsh

useAssaultSpecials = 1

would that do it =s? unless i missed the point entirely? i have a probe droid that engages its site camera when attacked, if only i could find the ODF...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

That doesn't help much :( already have it in there :P

I'll try it on a gun tower but if it doesn't work for a ship, dunno how it would work for that.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Zero Angel

AFAIK: Guntower AI understands weaponmask. Also, i'm not sure how force will work even on ai's which use it, but if they dont, you can always make a special (salvolauncher) which fires near instant expiring magnet ordnance which deflects incoming projectiles.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

yeh could use some sort of weapon hack. itll never be the same as force though =S

does each 'special' clas (site cam, image refract etc) have different values to specify when they are used. ill try look for that probe ODF soon...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.