• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Machines, Anarchy and Destruction Open Beta released!

Started by BS-er, October 14, 2008, 06:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

yeh... no joy

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

OvermindDL1

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 15, 2008, 04:46:42 PM
not the easiet install ever, havent managed to play it yet as i keep getting missing file errors. one of which is related to Ogrse

'This application has failed to start because d3dx9_33.dll was not found. reinstalling may fix'

AND

OGRE Exception(7:InternalErrorException): could not load dynamic library .\rendersystem_direct3d9. system error: the specified modulecould not be found in DynLib::load at..\src\ogredynlib.cpp (line 80)

That means your directx is out of date no doy. :P
Update it.  MAD uses DX9_2008summer.  Aka, DX9 version 33, so that means your directx9 is older.  It tends to be smart to keep your drivers and game apis up to date afterall. :)

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Steeveeo

BTW, Unlock control mapping! the way my keyboard is setup, the keys just dont fit..

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

BS-er

Quote from: Steeveeo on October 15, 2008, 03:51:38 PM
VOs were QUIET, had to turn everything WAY up to hear the voice telling me what to do, then when the audio returned, my ears got blasted!

Something is wierd with your audio drivers, my parents computer has the same issue.  Your audio chip/driver is not liking certain sample rates or formats.  Before going and updating any drivers though, I'd like to use your system as a guinea pig if you don't mind.  I'd like to send you the beginning VO to the training mission in different sampling rates to see if one of them works better.

BS-er

Steevo, when you get a chance, would you please grab this file:
http://www.orderlymayhem.com/downloads/intro.ogg
and put it in the media\missions\Training Day folder of the game folder?
See if the first VO of the training mission is at a decent volume with this file.  Thanks.

TheJamsh

i have DX10 installed on this computer

and i cant afford to upgrade the card. lappys got a good one neways... got drums to pay for, and driving, missus... etc. the list goes on

GSH

To properly update all the quarterly DirectX DLL updates, you'll need to run either the "web" (i.e. with an active internet connection) DirectX installer from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3
or the full (i.e. offline, but an 80MB download) installer from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C1367BC3-4676-481A-BFAA-5C15D1D7199D&displaylang=en .

-- GSH

OvermindDL1

Yes, do what GSH and I said.  Even though you may have DX10, you are still missing the smaller updates that came after DX10 for DX9, hence you are out of date, as I stated.  Even DX10 has incremental updates, so you should still stay updated.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Huscar

Just played the training mission. Looks very good! Graphics may not be topnotch but they're good enough, units look very nice. I noticed the units sent to attack the target had a bit of difficulty actually hitting it. They generally shot above it (this was not always the case, but most shots missed). There were also some minor things I found somewhat annoying. First off the S key would turn the vehicle right around instead of braking, this is somewhat counter-intuitive if you have played a couple of games. Second (and this is just minor) the shots are very bz2ish, makes it look a bit like a bz2-wannabe and I think that would do no right to the great game this seems to become. Last of all, the training mission did not have any combat-related explanations, no biggy, but it just seems to lack something without it (just my opinion)
Well that's all I can think of for now, looks very promissing! I definitely like the unit design. Feels good as well (when making the jump for instance).

I'll test it some more later on, keep on the good work!

TheJamsh

i played, but damn is it heavy on my machine! wont run properly unfortunately. ill try on my higher spec system later on. but i have to say, it looks very promising and i love the BZII influence =]

hybirdisdf

A required .Dll file ,MSVCP80.DLL,was not found.What was that mean?

Nielk1

Quote from: BS-er on October 15, 2008, 06:58:42 AM
If anyone is having trouble getting it to run, try installing the two components below:
Microsoft Redistributable Libraries for VC2005 SP1
OpenAL Installer

Try the first one, though you need the first one to get 1.3pb4a (and 1.3pb4) to work too.

Click on the image...

BS-er

Quote from: Steeveeo on October 15, 2008, 10:18:44 PM
BTW, Unlock control mapping! the way my keyboard is setup, the keys just dont fit..

I've just finished adding control key binding to the game.  It will be in the next beta released at the end of the month.

You can make it up to me by helping me out in testing that voiceover file ;).  See below:

Quote from: BS-er on October 16, 2008, 09:52:53 AM
Steevo, when you get a chance, would you please grab this file:
http://www.orderlymayhem.com/downloads/intro.ogg
and put it in the media\missions\Training Day folder of the game folder?
See if the first VO of the training mission is at a decent volume with this file.  Thanks.

CivBase

Keeps telling me to reinstall the OpenAL32.dll....
I'm no game designer so I hope you don't mind me asking what I should do to do this?