• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

AI + Force

Started by General BlackDragon, October 15, 2008, 05:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

How how how how how how how?!

I need the AI to sensably use Force on an assault tank unit...

help? RD? BBB? ZA? Somebody who knows ai things....I also need to use weaponmask...hmmm

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

Don't count on it working the way you want it.

Try it with an ai level of 3. And test different ai processes. SentryProcess drops mines/seekers when it is running away.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

DLL could force trigger it :-P

I would tie an allow/deny use of special to the CMD_HUNT (the ever useful blank slate command) and then have it set to activate the special when an enemy is detected within a certain range.

But that's me.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Use CMD_ATTACK for that so that it is auto activated when it is engaging a target.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

CMD_ATTACK might be good to trigger it on, but I still like the ability to somehow disable it since it would eat ammo.

Which reminds me, I am working on getting the QF shuttle to work as a bomber (where the turret would shoot at the bomb target and no actual bomb would drop). I got it working except the landing afterward.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

Cool. *notes to avatar*

Anyone got a non dll solution though?

bigbadbogie

What exactly do you want GBD?

@N1 - Simple, just make it a bomber which drops a stayput mine that lasts for however many seconds, and have the turret attached to the shuttle.

My BZ2 mods:

Zero Angel

No Idea on how to do it without DLL.

The only unit I know of that comes close to doing this is the saucer units that the 51ers use in the ZTV missions -- and these units are SAVs

The other method, if you really cant find another way, and dont want to resort to using DLL is to piggyback the force shield onto the second slot of whatever weapon HP that the asstank normally uses.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on October 15, 2008, 08:05:44 PM
What exactly do you want GBD?

@N1 - Simple, just make it a bomber which drops a stayput mine that lasts for however many seconds, and have the turret attached to the shuttle.

I was gan'na just have it drop a dummy bomb and tweak the settings for flying around its target, but I noticed it can't land on the bomber bay with the gun attached, hence the more complex code I still have to work out,

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Ok, then make it a tug that follows the enemy unit for a while and then gets replaced by a bomber to return home.

When the bomber is ordered to attack something, it is replaced with the tug again.

My BZ2 mods:

Nielk1

No Need BBB, just have to add the turret only when a certain distance from the way.

GBD wants an assault tank to activate the FORCE weapon when in combat and deactivate it when combat is over.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

He will need dll for that unfortunately.

My BZ2 mods:

Tempest Storm

Quote from: Nielk1 on October 15, 2008, 06:16:15 PM
DLL could force trigger it :-P

I would tie an allow/deny use of special to the CMD_HUNT (the ever useful blank slate command) and then have it set to activate the special when an enemy is detected within a certain range.

But that's me.

Is there a DLL method that could be used to have the unit activate its special upong construction? I'm thinking generally on a forcefield that uses local ammo as a damage soaking shield. I always wanted to implement units that use it although the AI sucks at using it :P Although if there is a decent way to have the DLL activate them after the unit is build that would be pretty sweet. :)

bigbadbogie

Should be possible with c++. Have the unit force-select that weapon and force-fire it.

My BZ2 mods:

General BlackDragon

Wait. Can force field class have a shotdelay?