• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

What is the inspiration for your crazy nickname?

Started by BS-er, October 18, 2008, 08:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angstromicus

You climbed a tree, crawled out too far on a tree limb, and it broke?

Zero Angel

Quote from: Feared_1 on October 18, 2008, 11:26:38 PM
Judge!!! Good guy :)

My nickname started like the first 2 weeks I played Battlezone II in 1.1. It started out as "the feared one", pretty much the same day it was "the feared 1", and finally "Feared_1" sort of took place less than a week later. Not very interesting, but oh well :)

I got a lot of crap for this nickname, like "HEY!! I'M NOT SCARED OF YOU!!!", and people changing their in game nicks to "Feared_2(-9, pick a number), "Angry_1", "Scared_1", "Super_1", "Deranged_1", etc.

EDIT: For BBB :)
NOICE! I play strats with judge almost every night, he's a rather fun guy to play with/against.

Anyways, I got into Armored Core games and liked creating mechs and giving them names. I made up a bunch of grandiose compound names for them like 'zero angel', 'magnum hawk', 'shadowflare' etc. then it struck me ZA is a damn cool name because zero is the mathematical equivalent of none, it can be used to represent a single infinitely small point of space, it can also have other definitions. If it is combined with the word "Angel" it gives it several different meanings. So i started using it ever since. :)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

CivBase

I used to be a map creator in RA2: Yuri's Revenge.  When I started making maps, they commonly included noobish, oversized civilian bases, so once I got better at map designing, I decided to take the name CivBase.  I've used it ever since.

Nielk1

I've thought of so many good names since, but I am rather stuck with Nielk1. I occasionally 'stealth' under one of these names. Celestial Anomalies, ancient or unused words in combination, things like that. I played under "Angle of Creation" once as that is my .:]aRc[:. clan title.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

armoured core! that was an awesome game back in the day!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Zero Angel

Heck yeah!  :-D The newer Armored Core games seem a little dry and unnecessarily complicated. Though some of the booster related features like vanguard overboost, bursting, and the ability to hover on water are kind of cool.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

I have Armored Core, Project Phantasma, Master of Arena, 2, 2: Another Age, 3, 2: Silent Line, Nexus, Nine Breaker, and Last Raven.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

ah i only have number one on the good old playstation....

if you could get a shoulder-mounted chain gun and the four hovering legs you were rockin!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

lucky_foot

For years I never had a nickname hence when I began using the internet a great deal (which coincided with my joining the BZ2 community) I started using JonathanS  just my first name and the initial of my last name.

I used to play a lot of war games with my brother's and one day they had a mine field setup and buried in the woods (baloons with needles so if you stepped on it it exploded) and I walked through that whole place without setting off even one...and I didn't know they were there. My brother Nathan quipped, "Well, isn't he a lucky foot."

I started to use that one (hence I seem to have two names. :D )
Jonathan S.

Red Devil

I have always been able to fix pretty much anything, so I picked Red Devil.
What box???

cheesepuffly

I like cheese (bet you didnt guess that one) and i really like cheesepuffs, that was my theme for 6th grade "I like cheesepuffs"

Still, it had to have something unique to it, not just cheesepuff, so i added the ly to make it different. Cheesepuffly.

Sadly no one ever EVER sees the L they think im cheesepuffy, im not THERE IS AN L PEOPLE!
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Feared_1

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Those are Cheese Doodles F1, Cheese Puffs are basically Cheese Balls. Same exact thing other than shape. I used to like them, but not so much lately. Then again I've also started using spices and eating more 'human' foods.

Click on the image...