• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Removing colors in MPI?

Started by Sarge125, October 25, 2008, 11:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarge125

I've been working on some skins, and I want to remove the color (red) your units take on when they are received.

Nielk1

Those are the team colors. You can turn them off by entering the console command "game.teamcolors 0" in game.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

gameprefs.ini - TeamplayColors = -1 // 0 change to 0.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

GBD's way will make them always off. Be sure to copy that line into localprefs.ini and edit it there because gameprefs.ini is asset checked.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

Also, a unit will only use team colours if it has a mytexturec0.pic
The mytexturea0.pic can also be used to illuminate areas of the unit using a mask.
Subtle use of this can be used to reduce the amount of team colour on areas of the skin.

Nielk1

a0 is also the glow control, so be careful in its use.

I forgot that textures without c# versions don't have the color change. That is why most textures are 00 to 09, for the a0-a9 and c0-c9.

Click on the image...