• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

grey, black flashing boxs

Started by Dataanti, October 23, 2008, 12:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataanti

on all my PC's some of the textures are flashing grey and black boxs, i was just wondering if that was normal and every1 gets it or if its just me. 1 of the biggest places i see it is in a scion com bunker entenna thing

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Feared_1

Might have something to do with that nVidia thing again... Did you try setting Sky Detail to low or none?

GSH

More likely EMBM bumpmapping. Just turn it off for starters.

-- GSH

Steeveeo

Quote from: Feared_1 on October 23, 2008, 03:13:46 PM
Might have something to do with that nVidia thing again... Did you try setting Sky Detail to low or none?
You sure like to blame every glitch on nvidia...

nVidia's only glitch with BZ2 is the Skydome Memory Leak, which is characterized by all the geometries disappearing and the shell's fill turning transparent (only outlines show).

Dataanti

Quote from: GSH on October 23, 2008, 03:16:26 PM
More likely EMBM bumpmapping. Just turn it off for starters.

-- GSH

it is off and was always off

Feared_1

Quote from: Steeveeo on October 23, 2008, 04:44:05 PM
You sure like to blame every glitch on nvidia...

I don't think I ever have directly blamed anything on nVidia. Ever. I know I quoted someone once, but that's about it. I really don't feel like reading your attitude every single time I come on the forums. Nearly every post I read from you has some sort of sarcastic, insulting, or whiny remark in it and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. Am I (or other people) allowed to try to help people too?

Dataanti: Has this always happened? You've never brought it up before, that's why I ask. If not, did you change or update anything that might have an affect on the game?

A lot of people I know have fixed some of their problems by lowering or turning off ALL of their graphics and turning them back on one by one to find out what the problem is, if the problem is related to high graphics. If that doesn't produce any results, have some of the more techy people around here help you (provide system specs and/or a screenshot). :)

EDIT: Awkward spelling mistake...

Steeveeo

Quote from: Feared_1 on October 23, 2008, 10:00:22 PM
I don't think I ever have directly blamed anything on nVidia. Ever. I know I quoted someone once, but that's about it. I really don't feel like reading your attitude every single time I come on the forums. Nearly every post I read from you has some sort of sarcastic, insulting, or whiny remark in it and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. Am I (or other people) allowed to try to help people too?
I now realize that it wasnt you blaming it all on nvidia, sorry bout that, twas someone else (name withheld to prevent further flamebait). However, that comment was a tad harshly overblown, unless your tolerance for a bit of opinionated talk is really low. Or perhaps I've just spent WAY too much time on the old Doomworld forums and dont realize how I speak anymore... :|

PS: If you have an issue with my attitude, please PM me, dont bring an argument into a valid thread and possibly derail it completely, which has happened way too many a time.

Dataanti

Quote from: Feared_1 on October 23, 2008, 10:00:22 PM

Dataanti: Has this always happened? You've never brought it up before, that's why I ask. If not, did you change or update anything that might have an affect on the game?

EDIT: Awkward spelling mistake...

its happend since i first installed the game, at first i thought well mabye its like a computer screen or tv and is all staticy or something and then i seen a screenshot recently in a area that has it and it wasnt there and when i take a screen shot it looks all grey like it has no textures in the first place. and also all my settings are down all the way so its not that. the PC i normaly play on is a DELL Dimension 4100 with no upgrades other then the graphic card but we did that cause the old 1 broke and it was before i got BZ2. Also alot of my BZ2 problems can be also caused by my disk cause i found BZ2 on the side of the road all scratched to bits but i thought i fixed it at a shop but it might not hav been good enough and it does it on all my PCs my other 1 is DELL Dimension 9150 and a DELL Dimension 8400 so im gonna see if i can get the install zipped from some1 from there disk and send it to me see if that does anything.

Angstromicus

I have a BZII disk image (version 1.0!). I could send that to you over a matter of a few hours if I knew of a way of sending it to ya over the Internet. You could install the game off of a virtual drive using daemon tools Lite.

I'm not sure if doing this would be legal, though. If it wasn't legal that'd be really nitpicky :x.

Warfreak

In all technicallity, it isn't. However that hasnt stopped other people with images being distributed of other games/programs/OS/etc.

I am in NO way saying go ahead and do it, jsut saying what i know.  :-P

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Axeminister

u can still get bz2 on amazon. looks like 21 versions left, probably all used, but it's better than nothing,

There is no knowledge that is not power.

bigbadbogie

"Only resort to amoral methods if there is no other possible way to get it. And even then, think twice."
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

Quote from: Total Oblivion Omnis on October 24, 2008, 06:39:09 PM
I'm not sure if doing this would be legal, though. If it wasn't legal that'd be really nitpicky :x.
I found that it is in no way illegal to download an emulator/disk image/whatever as long as you own a legit copy of the original game.