• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Recall Mine (Want some ideas for options)

Started by Nielk1, September 09, 2008, 05:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

So the strat, mpi, dm etc dll's would need lightly modifying to add the class and mind control would not be required?

Nielk1

Being resurrected by a now dead voodoo master, I can't be mind controlled.
*blinks evil yellow eyes*

Very simple to add to a DLL. Basically I add the files to the project, and then add my classes to the header and add my function calls to the main code. I did this cause I was messing around with the private 1.3 DLL source and it changed a lot. This way it was easily moved to any source code as it progressed.

I have a really simple class that just waits a set delay and then starts a loop of the specified animation (the version on my site is outdated BTW).

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

You could just make it templated so all they would have to do is change the createMission declaration to be, for example if you class was called PortalHandler and the mission class was called StrategyMission, they would change the "new StrategyMission" to "new PortalHandler<StrategyMission>" and that way they would not need to add any code to their classes, and you can string along more classes like that by just putting each inside of the <> section, so like "new PortalHandler< NewResourceType< YetSomethingElse< StrategyMission > > >" or what-not, order would not matter.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Nielk1

I guess that will be phase 3 of my classes. I'm on phase 2 atm :-P

When I have time. Would I get access to the TPS var?

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Yes, you would have access to everything in all the lower classes.

Nielk1

Back to working on this, updated first post a good bit.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Somebody has a bit too much spare time methinks.  :-)
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Na, had a few hours of work with some ppl from my college on an engineering project today. Only got the time later. I said I was gan'na get back to DLL to GH in IRC last night. I plan to make a mod with just cool variants of the ISDF and Scions that use DLL to an extreme LV.

EDIT: Just added variable radius, almost done.

EDIT2: Finalized plans for triggering the CFG for any human with the weapon. This will be a nice touch I think, it includes the ability to add warning like 'jammed' and 'catch', though I have not made recall jammers and catchers yet.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

An enemy catcher. Puts the player in a prison building if they try and teleport too close to the enemy base. Only way out is if the enemy commander orders it to open or it is destroyed.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Seems a bit strict, I say a nice method of pilot only exit that forces you to loose your pilot weapons.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on October 27, 2008, 02:59:46 AM
An enemy catcher. Puts the player in a prison building if they try and teleport too close to the enemy base. Only way out is if the enemy commander orders it to open or it is destroyed.
A Tera-Cage (ala the Schlocks Mercenaries very well-done webcomic).  :)