• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Importing Models into Battlezone 2 not using 3d max

Started by Der Vampyr Engel, October 23, 2008, 03:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Vampyr Engel

Yes I have Carrara 5.0 Pro and Doga L Series is there any way I can get my models in to Battlezone 2 without using 3D Max I have an old copy of 3D Max but would rather import direct into Battlezone 2 from my favorite modellers than use Max as I can texture in Carrara 5.0 pro and Paint Shop Pro 7.0. Does anyone know and I noticed that the tutorials on how to model and import from 3D Max have gone does anyone know if there are any more tutorials?

Nielk1

Really if you have MAX you should use it. All other methods are imperfect. MAX is near perfect, and a very old version of softimage is perfect. Ya see, MAX and SoftImage are currently the only way to export animations to the BZ2 format XSIs.

OM was making/made a blender exporter, but it is incomplete as he was not getting enough feedback.

Click on the image...

Der Vampyr Engel

Thanks Nielk1 by the way still wish to help me with my mod then? as I am trying to gear up for it, got to do some models again though :? and er can Threed export to BZ2 as I have read you need to have MSH files.

Nielk1

I can certainly help.

(This must make like 5 things I'm helping with and 10 I'm making myself).

Click on the image...

Der Vampyr Engel

Thank Nielk1 sorry but its just me making the "Dark Empires "Mod and I have been busy also making my "Astro Warrior" and "Solar Dominion" games at the moment but I would like to really sort a few missions out and I think I am going to need a programmer a C++ Programmer for  mulitplayer

Nielk1

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

or you could take the time out to learn about python and OM's python scriptor for BZ2

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Der Vampyr Engel

oh great then I can get some help then on that score Nielk1?

Der Vampyr Engel

Phython scriptor I have very interested in Phython for quite a while now TheJamsh I think I wil check out OM's scriptor

TheJamsh

well whatever progress you make, let me know because i have no clue how to use it :)

OvermindDL1

TheJamsh

Der Vampyr Engel