• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Greenheart/RD/experienced people with path points and the stock .dll's

Started by TheJamsh, October 27, 2008, 05:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Ill keep modifiing this post if i get anymore Q's. i had to use people names in the topic title to attract attention :)

Right, im currently turning the FE map Tranquility into a suitable IA/ST/MPI map. with all needed path points for pb4a. i want the map to also be compatible with the ULER that RD has just made.

My trouble is the following, im trying to get turrets (vehicles such as guardian's and rattler's) of the enemies race to spawn at certain path points and HOLD position there indefinately, regardless of AIP plan etc. My problems are the following:

mpiC1_vturr. this did not spawn anything at all. i thought this would do exactly the above, find the enemies race and put it on the map.
mpic1_fvturr_ivturr_. this spawned a turret of the enemy race, but as soon as it was on the map, it moved and deployed elsewhere. im also concerned that this wont be compatible with the ULER as stated, or any other race that has a %vturr in their assets.

ive read the documentation on the mpic/C (or h/H) path points but none of them seem to be working.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

The turret moved off that point because an AIP Hold plan told it to go to a Hold point.
What box???

GreenHeart

Well if you don't want the ai to move the turret then you may have to use a variant other than ivturr & fvturr otherwise the aip plans will find the unit & use it.  If your looking for a complete listing of require path points then you may look on Bzcommand.com for a complete listing. 

Quote from:  From PB1 Change LogAlso redid the mpic*/mpih* pathpoint code, used between IA, MPI
DLLs. It can support only one item, e.g. a name of "mpic1_ivturr", or
the more traditional "mpic1_fvturr_ivturr". If it starts with
mpic/mpih, it checks the ODF(s) specified, and builds them only if the
race matches the current cpu/human team. Alternatively, if it starts
with mpiC/mpiH (note the capitalization!), it replaces the first
character of the ODF(s) [note the pural!] with the current race of the
team, and builds the object(s). This allows you to do something like
"mpiC1_*vturr", which will build a CPU turret of the current CPU race,
no matter what the CPU race is. [NM]
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

TheJamsh

i had a feeling the hold plans may be something to do with it, you two and NK1 confirmed it. i guess ill have to use a permanently deployed version for this.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Use the one that was added to prevent turret rushing early game. _st or something...

Click on the image...