• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Help!

Started by Darkplanet01, October 26, 2008, 09:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkplanet01

Whenever I create a map using editor, then I set the path to a strategy (strategy02.dll) the next time I try to open it I get an ACCESS VIOLATION thing and the game closes on me. I have tried numerous solutions and none have worked. I understand that this may be something to do with spawn points or something else in the shift+F9 view, but so far I have found nothing anywhere that can help me with that.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs harder.
Check out my site - www.freewebs.com/darkplanet01

Nielk1

Start your map using a bz2 shortcut with /noscript. This will clear the DLL entry so we will know if that is the real cause.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Any furthur details? Such as which patch you are using maybe?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Feared_1

I used to have a problem sort of like this. It was from having a decimal in my folder name ("Battlezone II 1.1" I believe, I don't know if having decimals in your folder names affect 1.2, but it was fixed in 1.3).

Check the folder your map was saved in. If you can only find "yourmapname.bzn", you are missing 4 files. Look around Program Files or wherever your Battlezone II root folder is in and see if you find any TER, SKY, WAT or TRN files. The decimal in the folder prevents the files from being saved correctly in the 1.1, and maybe the 1.2 patch. You might be trying to start up a game with only one file present.

If this is the case, remove any decimals in your Battlezone II folder, rename the files to "yourmapname.TER, SKY, WAT or TRN", and move them into your map folder.

Nielk1

I use "Battlezone II 1_3pb4a" and names like it for folders. I suggest something like that if that is your issue.

Click on the image...

Darkplanet01

Quote from: bigbadbogie on October 26, 2008, 10:15:52 PM
Any furthur details? Such as which patch you are using maybe?
I am using Forgotten Enemies, though I had the same problem in BZ2 normal and the 1.2 patch

Darkplanet01

Quote from: Feared_1 on October 26, 2008, 10:34:51 PM
I used to have a problem sort of like this. It was from having a decimal in my folder name ("Battlezone II 1.1" I believe, I don't know if having decimals in your folder names affect 1.2, but it was fixed in 1.3).

Check the folder your map was saved in. If you can only find "yourmapname.bzn", you are missing 4 files. Look around Program Files or wherever your Battlezone II root folder is in and see if you find any TER, SKY, WAT or TRN files. The decimal in the folder prevents the files from being saved correctly in the 1.1, and maybe the 1.2 patch. You might be trying to start up a game with only one file present.

If this is the case, remove any decimals in your Battlezone II folder, rename the files to "yourmapname.TER, SKY, WAT or TRN", and move them into your map folder.
No, I can find the TER, SKY, WAT and TRN files. I also created the .inf file (by copying it from another map, renaming it and modifying it to fit my map), and the DES file (by the same method).

Darkplanet01

Quote from: Nielk1 on October 26, 2008, 10:02:12 PM
Start your map using a bz2 shortcut with /noscript. This will clear the DLL entry so we will know if that is the real cause.
Thanks, I'll try that. So would it be, for example
"D:\Games\Battlezone II\FeBz.exe" /edit mymap.bzn/noscript
???
"D:\Games\Battlezone II is my bz2 root directory, and I'm using Forgotten enemies.

bigbadbogie

Care to post the Access Violation? It should be in BATTLEZONE.log in the main bz2 folder.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Darkplanet01

Quote from: Nielk1 on October 26, 2008, 10:02:12 PM
Oh my gosh it worked!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!! Now I can really create maps. You rule, Nielk.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Tanks for the heads up on the decimal thingy too.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.