• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Quick question about add health statement in unit ODF.

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, October 27, 2008, 05:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

The DS Tank has an extra entry for this (add health) effectively making it self repairing armor right? Other standard units don't really have it, for example the standard ISDF Sabre lacks this statement, but if I add it will it heal itself too?

Lately, I've been tweaking the ODF settings on my versions of BZII units, and having a ball seeing the results take effect after saving the file and applying the changes in the map editor. I discovered you don't really seem to need to delete the MSH file every time changes are made to the ODF. Seems like an excellent way to tweak unit configuration parameters in real time.

The ODF file reminds me of an easily configurable place to change unit parameters to some extent. To date, I've tweaked quite a few performance settings on units to make them perform better and more stable especially on the air units which originally were pretty hard to handle by human pilots. Don't really know about the AI pilots though. Are the AI also effected by changes to the ODF or is the primary benefit mostly for the players only?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

The ODF is the bible for unit parameters.  Both the AI and humans are affected by the settings, and 1.3 adds many AI-only settings to tweak AI controlled units.

You should check out the Modlog, the 'end all' of ODF settings.

-Av-

TheJamsh

as -Av- said, the odf defines every characteristic about that vehicle/building/object. wether it be piloted by human or computer, all setting will be taken into account.

the only thing the odf cant change, is model texture, model geometry (but of course you can change the XSI file that it links to) and anything externally controlled (like the shape of its icon). everything physic's and gameplay related is stored there.

addhealth = 5 will basically add 5 units of health to the vehicle every second should its health be below 100%.

addammo = # will do the same

welcome to the world of ODF's. thats where real modding takes place...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

New in pb4:

----
aiAddHealth = 5

aiAddAmmo = 5
----

Only add health and ammo to units piloted by the AI. Basically everybody but the player.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

And new DLL functions let you make up new ODF lines that the DLL will read and act on.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

TheJamsh

lol yeh. but PB4a allows you to 'read' custom ODF lines. previous versions dont

bigbadbogie

True - but only if it is coded into C++ - and only N1 can do that.

My BZ2 mods:

TheJamsh

Nielk1

Better be able to considering I get help from him from time to time. My current use of sets is thanks to him. I was using vectors and then linked lists, which used a lot more memory. I reduced my DLL load time by about 50%. (My DLLs hang a tad more than normal ones because of the complex data structures for storing data from ODFs.

He did the save and load functions twice (the linked list and set formats).

He has a way to make my 'Classes' into 'Templates' that would be added to a DLL with 1 line instead of several, but I might keep my class method as it is what BZC does and allows easier understanding of the mechanics.

Click on the image...

BNG Da BZ Fool

Where would the change log for PB4 be? I have up to PB3, but see none for PB4 or above.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Zero Angel

the newest one will always be called changelog.txt
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

BNG Da BZ Fool

TheJamsh

id like to see your's and OM's productions put into BZ2. maybe in a newer PB if GSH and Ken continue.

i wonder if they would want to do such a thing?