• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Comparatively speaking, broadband in USA stinks!

Started by TheJamsh, October 23, 2008, 04:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

QuoteT!:  A Level 1 digital transmission system operating at 1.536 mbps. Also known as DS-1.

If you downloaded faster then that, it is not a T1.  I have know of some 'school IT idiots' that think they have a T1 when they have multiple ISDN or an OC3 or something, so yes, if you have downloaded faster then that, I would say your network admin is a moron.  My university has an OC3 (which has variable levels, a single line OC3 can max at 51.84mbps or 155mbps, depending on setup, but they can be setup in multiple lines like ISDN to multiply the bandwidth available for a single connection).

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Angstromicus

Apparently, beggars can't be choosers  :-(. If only I could be indifferent with my measly 2mbit connection. She doesn't know what she's missing   :cry:.

Dataanti

were i live the internet company called Bell will start u at 5 mbps and then they will slowly bring down your connection to as low as 50 kbps or untell u phone them or complane and then they will turn it back up just to make more room so others can get they connection dropped

Nielk1

Sounds like a variant of the pyramid scheme only put in a circle.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Also sounds like AOL.

You have no idea how long it's taken me to persuade my parents to switch ISP.

cheesepuffly

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Angstromicus

I think I COULD be getting actual USA broadband, and ditching satellite. Down the road I live, I believe there is fiber optic line. On the street from that road which I live on, they're putting blue flags on one side of the road and orange stripes on the other side (where the telephone lines are).

OvermindDL1

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 02, 2008, 02:42:06 PM
In contrast, here is the fastest internet connection in the world! Note, the previous contains two links.

I remember those, and yes, they are the fastest for a 'residential' connection, by far. :P

The fastest in the world was done between scientists that were separated by a few hundred miles (not that far relatively), but  it was something like 9.something TB/sec, this was like two years ago though, might have been beat by now...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...