• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Ladies & Gents & Others...

Started by TheJamsh, October 29, 2008, 05:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheesepuffly

As i said, i have no idea how to do any of this, so atleast for the beginning, ill work with simple missions.

Prepare for an easy one, cause if i had to do them all, they would just be very um easy, in the sense if im trying to make sure i do them my self first, i cant even beat the FE missions, they could have lots of depth, just, not really difficult, but thats why i have (hopefully) you guys to help me.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

TheJamsh

Yeh, at the end of the day, only a certain amount of thigns really can be pulled off in BZ2. the way to really get peoples attention is use something in a way it hasnt before, it gets people thinking about how it was done.

There is a lot of new technology, and a LOT of missions. im trying to plan those out as best i can whilst making assets. havent planned anything for the co-op campaign but they will likely be the 'funnest' SP missions.

I think map-making will take me the longest out of anything, but i will probably seek outsider help for that later on. personally i think ill make the missions just that litle bit harder than FE, but depending on the difficulty chosen, i can give the player more time to do things, more starting units etc, just little things. just like Avatar said, i want this mod to be enjoyable and fairly challenging, but not so much that people get frustrated. the stuff just gets harder as you go along, rather than being one great slog.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

cheesepuffly

I want my missions, atleast the dialouge and the stuff you read, to be written good, i mean ill give that extra attentition.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

TheJamsh

same here, thats why im really going to town on it. i discoveed a WHOLE lot more about FE when i read the debriefings and briefing thoroughly

in fact, i had the completely wrong impression of FE before i started to do it

bigbadbogie

You never read the briefings? No wonder - they contain 90% of the story.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

yeh i know lol, i never read the part on the internet that bridges the gap between FE and BZ2... hence the confusion

s'all good now though

cheesepuffly

I read a little, not too much though.

Ah my mod comes between the two so, no problems i guess.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 31, 2008, 07:22:37 PM
yeh i know lol, i never read the part on the internet that bridges the gap between FE and BZ2... hence the confusion

s'all good now though

Which is in the large info box in FE mission 1.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

yeh, but you know, i just wanted to get into the missions lol =]

AHadley

I did that too...

One of my worst BZ2 mistakes ever, the story made no sense to me whatsoever.