• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Field Constructor?

Started by General BlackDragon, October 28, 2008, 05:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

how do I make a cons that thugs can use to build things?

:|

*****General BlackDragon*****

Warfreak

We've tried and tried SO many times to get the SRV Cons to obey, however the ONLY thing we've gotten a thug-controlled cons to do is to move......

GSH

I don't think this is currently possible. Thugs do not have any scrap -- they can see the commander's scrapbar, but their team's scrap is 0/0.

-- GSH

Dataanti

unless u giv them a hole new building list of new odfs and everything is 0 scrap cost

Steeveeo

Quote from: Warfreak on October 28, 2008, 05:57:44 PM
We've tried and tried SO many times to get the SRV Cons to obey, however the ONLY thing we've gotten a thug-controlled cons to do is to move......

Actually, IIRC, last test game we all had in PB4a, they did work, I think we told it to build a scrap silo or a gun tower.

I dont remember if it was a 4-way allied or 2 teams, gunna have to test that...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

Just make the object it builds cost 0 scrap and be limited to a certain number.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

Nielk1

* Nielk1 makes note to somehow set up separate bio-metal for thugs and add way to share it.

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

Have you tried using a deploybuilding or recyclervehicle? You could probably have thugs deploy some kind of a mini-factory, or failing that, a GT.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bigbadbogie

Ever deployed a scavenger as a thug?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

cheesepuffly

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Feared_1

A thug is anyone but the commander in a game. They (are suppose to) do the commander's dirty work like getting scrap pools, fending off enemy attacks and do most of the killing, but all of that is beside the point. Now you know. :)

General BlackDragon

anything the thug deploys turns to commanders team, wich works fine for gt's. but i want the gt's to cost scrap, and power...:(

Axeminister

Quote from: General BlackDragon on October 28, 2008, 05:52:00 PM
how do I make a cons that thugs can use to build things?

:|

Since it may not be possible to make a con for thugs to build stuff with, why not make a ship the commander can give early on at low cost that will move fast and make 0 cost scavs (limit 4 per player)where loose deposits are. Make the scavs explode upon close proximty of enemy, and the ship be invisible. This way the thugs still defend like with towers (send one to the enemy extractor) and they help the commander to bring in the loose wherever they are without worry of losing their scav.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Zero Angel

Quote from: cheesepuffly on October 28, 2008, 09:53:11 PM
define thug.
:-D

thug

–noun
1.    a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.
2.    (sometimes initial capital letter) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.
Origin:
1800–10; < Hindi thag lit., rogue, cheat
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression