• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Ladies & Gents & Others...

Started by TheJamsh, October 29, 2008, 05:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Fish recently created my mod development section on BZ2MD, thanks to him for that.

Just thought id post a link here in case you want to check progress and find out what shes all about :)

http://www.bz2md.com/smf/index.php?board=63.0

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

cheesepuffly

I asked Fish for a Chezoria secton, no reply lol.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Nielk1

You kinda need something to show its a mod that is actually being made.

Click on the image...

BNG Da BZ Fool

That's awesome TJ. If you want some assistance just post or PM us and if we can help get your mod underway it would be cool to be part of an actual mod team. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: cheesepuffly on October 30, 2008, 09:12:56 AM
I asked Fish for a Chezoria secton, no reply lol.

He will take a while to get back.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

yeh hes rarely around. i did show him some screenies and a video first though...

i need one thing only atm, modellers. i have NK1 and Warfreak on the job but NK is understandably busy with other projects and Warfreak is with SRV. yes i know i could learn how to model but i spent months at it and realised the only thing im good at modelling was lego and using CAD software, i can only do it if i have very precise details on what im making, little imagination when it comes to 3D computer art.

later on, ill also need a good 2D artist... for texture work and for shell background etc. the rest im taking care of on my tod.

i have a PDF version of some of the models i need if anyones interested, but i dont want to broadcast it as the ideas took a long time to come up with and i dont want to find them in another mod before i get a chance to get mine out. beware however, the PDF already has a fair file size and is only a fraction of what i need.

bigbadbogie

I really am hoping you haven't set your benchmark a little high with this mod.

Some of what you are proposing on bz2md could take ages and ages. It took me a year of solid work to finish QF1 and you are saying you want to go double:

QuoteMassive expansions to existing races and introducing many new ones. Thats right, MANY new ones.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

TheJamsh

yeh i know, but in fairness you DID have to make models on youre own too, that must have taken a long time.

the more technical stuff will take a long time, such as co-op campaigns. i DO want to do as much as i can on my own. but im pretty sure ill get to the later stages and think to myself 'okay who do i get to help me with this'.

im as interested to see the final result as you, but put it this way. i spent an ENTIRE 6 hours developing ONE explosion for the AAN shell cannon. it looks mint now, but thats how devoted i am to getting it perfect.

i do tend to set my targets high, but i havent listed anything there that is impossible in BZ2. all the more reason to do it :). its my BZU dream to become one of those people like Lizard/Slaor/BS-er etc, who make a name for themselves on the forums and get a little chunk in the hall of fame... this game just better damn well live on because i dont want to earn a patch of dead history :D

bigbadbogie

Models are the easiest and quickest part.

Its the campaign that really takes forever.

My BZ2 mods:

cheesepuffly

Quote from: bigbadbogie on October 30, 2008, 05:58:33 PM
Models are the easiest and quickest part.

Its the campaign that really takes forever.

Really? I would have thought that all you had to do was put in basic points and tell what would happen there.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

bigbadbogie

My campaign was extremely complex though.

The scripting was huge.

My BZ2 mods:

cheesepuffly

Oh YOUR campagin yes, but i mean, lets say basic things, like build a base and destroy the enemy base, get a certian number of something, build something somewhere, destroy a certian thing, etc.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

bigbadbogie

That is simple, but there should be much more to it than that.

My BZ2 mods:

There are only a few types of missions at the basic level...  it's the layers you add on top of those basic types that make them memorable or outstanding. 

Good characters, for instance, can make a plain old basic 'protect the XXXX' mission stand out.  By 'Good' I don't necessarily mean 'Good', either.  How many missions in FE were memorable because you just wanted to toss a Daywrecker at Wyndt-Essex?  A nasty, hateable character works too...

New Technology can also bump up a mission's likeability...  the full screen sniper mode in QF probably caught everyone's attention even though it's just sniping...  The 'Tailgunner' mission did too I'd bet. 

It's a fine line, though, making a mission challenging enough for people to enjoy it while not frustrating them.  Very difficult to do really well...   especially because Players evolve as they play the game.   The BZ1 Mars Volcano mission frustrated people no end when BZ first came out, but once your newbiness wears off it's a walk in the park.  (tho' I still shudder when I hear "Incoming Bombers Commander"...)

-Av-