• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Flying in 1.3

Started by bigbadbogie, October 31, 2008, 06:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warfreak

Quote from: Axeminister on October 31, 2008, 08:10:35 PM
Here we talk about 1.3 and furthering the advancement of bz2.

Um, Axe.... no. That is the 1.3 part of the forums, THIS is the BATTLEZONE 2 section. all versions, all languages, and certainly all opinions.

This is a great effort Boogie. (but wasnt commando trying to do this already?) If the vets like it, more power to the community. If not, it will be fun as hell for me to use anyway.  :-D

Feared_1

Quote from: Zero Angel on November 01, 2008, 04:04:50 AM
Feared, have you tried setting your scroll wheel up/down as change weapons? It gets rid of most of these concerns.

I was never able to get used to that :P

Is that what everyone uses? I'm not sure what other people use. Maybe it is possible.

Nielk1

Did EGO really come over here and flame bait us claiming we flame about 1.3 on bz2maps and that he made the relations between bzu and bz2maps better (he made them worse). Give it a god damn rest. Just shut up and stop trying to bait us into your strange upside down world.

I suggest that from now on, every post ego makes trying to bait us goes completely ignored. I know I didn't ignore this one, but it just pisses me off that he goes around saying we do things we do not.

Even I will ignore the hoot he starts (not easy), so hopefully we can finally get this to drop.

As for the flying special, quite comically, I already suggested that months ago, but got the same list of issues from F1 so I never implemented it.

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

Quote from: Feared_1 on November 01, 2008, 12:34:03 PM

Is that what everyone uses? I'm not sure what other people use. Maybe it is possible.
Really? I find it super handy, esp on tanks. I just keep my middle finger on the scrollwheel instead of the right mouse button and do a quick up/down flip when firing mini/fafs or blast/chains. Works awesomely. :)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Ego - Nikolas on November 01, 2008, 06:20:30 AM
Im using mid mouse button to minimize all windows...

Rebind it from the options menu then.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

Quote from: Feared_1 on November 01, 2008, 12:34:03 PM

I have a nice wireless that has 5 buttons (a tilting scroll wheel adds two more to the 3 standard):

Left Button: Fire Selected Weapons
Middle Button: Fire Special Weapon
Left Tilt: PageUp, unbound, but I could find a use for it.
Right Tilt: PageDown, same as above.
Right Button: Jumpjets.

This mouse is actually pretty nice to search the web with, as I can tilt left or right to jump up or down, or just scroll normally.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

you have to go and rub it in dont you :P. about youre sooper gaming powerhouse machine...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

SkyNET

If it hasn't been mentioned, why not include this in an official 1.3 recy variant? That would make it easier for people who want to hover to play 1.3. I'm pretty sure there's already variants with 1.2 style physics. I'm sure losing a special weapon isn't a bad compromise.

Steeveeo

Quote from: SkyNET on November 01, 2008, 06:07:44 PM
If it hasn't been mentioned, why not include this in an official 1.3 recy variant? That would make it easier for people who want to hover to play 1.3. I'm pretty sure there's already variants with 1.2 style physics. I'm sure losing a special weapon isn't a bad compromise.
Too bad Commando's 1.2 scouts are missing weapons (IIRC they only have a gun, like an empty).

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

SkyNET

Huh. Well that shouldn't be, scouts need their FAFs :P

Anyway, I think this should be included in a variant, mixed with 1.2 style assets.

bigbadbogie

Yeah - Commandos 1.2 variant is ideal for that.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

SkyNET

Quote from: Steeveeo on November 01, 2008, 07:46:27 PM
Too bad Commando's 1.2 scouts are missing weapons (IIRC they only have a gun, like an empty).

I could do without a special BBB, but not my rockets :P

bigbadbogie

I always thought FAFs were a waste of ammo, use shadowers instead.

My BZ2 mods:

SkyNET

FAF doesn't require a lock though, so it's quicker if your comp sucks :P

Can't use shads without a rocket HP anyway.

bigbadbogie

Who said you will lose the rocket HP?

My BZ2 mods: