• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Flying in 1.3

Started by bigbadbogie, October 31, 2008, 06:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Ok - I have seriously had it with this tension now.

I just spent a few hours testing out this: http://files.filefront.com/hoveringzip/;12215903;/fileinfo.html

Please, for the love of god stop this crazy bickering and test it. I am talking to everyone!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

it doesnt take me to anything, just to the home page?

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Angstromicus

I can't seem to get it to work, at least not in the sense of 1.2 flying. It's impossible. I have made some of the most ridiculously mobile craft to have fun with, yet, as soon as I tilt the craft in order to fly upwards, these highly-advanced, highly-versatile, and nearly indestructible craft mysteriously experience engine failure so that they can not accelerate in any direction (except for radial acceleration (aka rotation)). So, flying in the 1.2 sense is impossible in 1.3.

I could almost argue that the disabling of flight in such a way is quite tacky and unrealistic. It's extremely annoying when I become as helpless as a kitten while I'm trying to do aerial maneuvers with these custom craft. But, I digress. It has been deemed that no hover craft, no matter how primitive or how advanced, succumbs to inexplicable engine failure when rotating too far. So, I could argue, but it would be meaningless - and actually counter-productive. In fact, I think I did a little arguing there... I better stop now.

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

Keep mouse3 pressed and you have unlimited reverse thrust - even in the air.

My BZ2 mods:

Axeminister

Please don't bring this here. Here we talk about 1.3 and furthering the advancement of bz2. Elsewhere they can talk 1.2. Like bz2maps. Besides you'll never make them happy. Once they get flying they'll complain about not alt-tabbing or some other thing. Let them complain all they want. I flew the first 4 years and the last five I haven't, i don't miss it. Another thing I haven't done near as much is lock up my pc like 1.2 does. They have modders there too, if they want to make a patch let them call EA/Activision/Atari or whoever and see how far they get. Keep the devs happy.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

bigbadbogie

I have enabled flying in 1.3 now, and you are telling me to stop?

This could possibly end the years of flaming between 1.3 and 1.2 supporters.

My BZ2 mods:

Feared_1

It could, but here are a few problems (I'm bringing these up from a 1.2 standpoint):

1. Your special HP is used up.
2. You have to cycle through weapons in order to switch from FAF to Minigun in a tense fight. That could prove to be quite a problem.
3. You can only hover while looking down, not to the side or up.
4. If you want to fight in mid air, you have to hold down two buttons at once.

Thank you for the effort, I know many 1.2 players would appreciate it as well. The simple fact is without flying exactly the way they want it, it wont work.

Again, great job, and thank you for taking interest!

bigbadbogie

True, the special HP is used, but you can fight in midair. Holding the mouse3 button in 1.3pb4a will activate the special, regardless of which weapon is selected. You can fly and use the minigun at the same time.

I know that it only works when you are looking down, but isn't that how it works in 1.2?

EDIT: I just checked and you are right, you can hover left, right and up. I can edit the weapon to make you fly pointing up, but not to the left or right unfortunately.

Still, it is better than before... right?

My BZ2 mods:

Feared_1

Yes you can use the middle button, but the problem would be holding down Mouse3 to hover and Mouse1 to fire (and even Mouse2 to switch weapons). Maybe make it something you could toggle on/off?

It's better than before to vets, but I can't quite say the same for 1.3 players.

bigbadbogie

You can rebind the special fire key to any other unused key from the options menu.

My BZ2 mods:

Zero Angel

Quote from: Feared_1 on October 31, 2008, 08:29:38 PM
It could, but here are a few problems (I'm bringing these up from a 1.2 standpoint):

1. Your special HP is used up.
2. You have to cycle through weapons in order to switch from FAF to Minigun in a tense fight. That could prove to be quite a problem.
3. You can only hover while looking down, not to the side or up.
4. If you want to fight in mid air, you have to hold down two buttons at once.

Thank you for the effort, I know many 1.2 players would appreciate it as well. The simple fact is without flying exactly the way they want it, it wont work.

Again, great job, and thank you for taking interest!

Feared, have you tried setting your scroll wheel up/down as change weapons? It gets rid of most of these concerns.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Ego - Nikolas

Quote from: Feared_1 on October 31, 2008, 08:47:13 PM
Yes you can use the middle button, but the problem would be holding down Mouse3 to hover and Mouse1 to fire (and even Mouse2 to switch weapons). Maybe make it something you could toggle on/off?

It's better than before to vets, but I can't quite say the same for 1.3 players.

Im using mid mouse button to minimize all windows...

Ego - Nikolas

Quote from: Axeminister on October 31, 2008, 08:10:35 PM
Please don't bring this here. Here we talk about 1.3 and furthering the advancement of bz2. Elsewhere they can talk 1.2. Like bz2maps. Besides you'll never make them happy. Once they get flying they'll complain about not alt-tabbing or some other thing. Let them complain all they want. I flew the first 4 years and the last five I haven't, i don't miss it. Another thing I haven't done near as much is lock up my pc like 1.2 does. They have modders there too, if they want to make a patch let them call EA/Activision/Atari or whoever and see how far they get. Keep the devs happy.

I made posible to bzu and bz2maps work thogether as never before, and in bz2maps are 1.3 moderators who can stop flaming abaut bz2 t self.
IM not supporting any flamings in bz2maps, yes opinions i do but not flaming.