• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Can extractors and other structures be made capturable by the enemy?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, November 03, 2008, 05:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

I'm contemplating a new mod where enemy facilities could be captured rather then destroyed and rebuilt upon. I have a feeling that with some clever trickery such a thing might be possible to add a new twist to the game play, but has it ever been considered in any of the future beta's? I realize that BZII is somewhat outdated by modern game features, but would adding this feature even be remotely possible? Tanks, in advance. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

I asked something similar at BZ2MD once, with regards to the old BZ MAS grenade.

Clicky

Red Devil

Yes.

OM made a mod that does that which he called Conquest.  I made the Alien Artifact in FE captureable/recaptureable and tech-enabling so that teams fight over that like a pool, so that adds some more complexity to it.

I recently got Unreal Tournament III (UT3) and that has capture/recapture points in it, which really makes for some very hectic action.
What box???

It's easy via DLL depending on the method.  For something like the MAS Grenade the code is still eluding me.  I just can't seem to lock onto the existence of a tracer stuck on a ship...

Otherwise switching teams is very easy via DLL based on proximity, or the presence of an object like a ship, pilot or mine near the object you want to switch.

-Av-

BNG Da BZ Fool

Is the Conquest mod currently available? I'd like to try it out to use as a model for my own possible mod. Command and Conquer has this cool feature and it's really crazy how the enemy will readily try to destroy their own assets when captured by the enemy. Wish I knew more about doing DLL scripts, but alas I still get intense headaches at the mere thought of putting together one.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

bigbadbogie

Perhaps a mod where there are a bunch of invincible extractors preplaced on a map, and whichever team has the closest unit within 200 metres of them will automatically own the extractor for as long as they can keep their units close to them. If no units are near them, they remain neutral.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

I plan to remake conquest in my own insane way. Just wait for the evil! Might be easier to do than any of my other plans.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Mine was usable, and I had one 'real' map for it (and one test map that was just completely flat), just no real interest in it.  I might still have it on a drive somewhere.  There was actually one other mode I was wanting to do, but it would require some ODF stuff that I do not have the expertise in.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

AHadley

If you ask around, I'm sure somebody would help you. That's what the rest of us do. You can't stay a super-modder and do all your own work forever, Overmind :P