• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

New PC For BZ2

Started by Dataanti, November 04, 2008, 02:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Nope the laptop's monitor passes the test with flying colors even when viewed from the the middle angle (though my PC's CRT fails unless I crank the brightness up to a slightly uncomfortable level). The brightness is just inconsistent so it's hard to tell if the image i'm working with will be too bright or too dark on an 'average' monitor.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

how about you and your pa build one together?
What box???

cheesepuffly

Laptops are very hard to do.

PCs not as much. And its cheaper to do it that way.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Zero Angel

Agreed. A PC might work out well for you as well. You can build a really nice rig for 1000 clams. If you put in at least $350 of that for a good monitor (look it up on newegg) then you'll be able to have a PC that you're really satisifed with. Dont be tempted to get a sub $200 monitor. They're not really worth it, since the monitor's what you're gonna be looking at all day.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

cheesepuffly

Meh my old crappy computer was $1500, completly overpriced. But the monitor was awesome, still using it.

My dad, 12 years ago, bought a monitor, an expensive one, He still uses it today to run vista and spore. (yeah he likes spore)

Get a good monitor and you will not have to change.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Red Devil

Get a widescreen, too.  I know, laptops have widescreen now, but they're not as big and as good as a stand-alone. 

Another nice thing about home-built PC's is that you can add and upgrade components easily.  If you do get a widescreen, get a Samsung.  The contrast ratio on mine is 8000:1 (real bright and sharp).  Other manufacturers are about 800:1 (dull).
What box???

OvermindDL1

Bah, I hate widescreens, less viewable surface area for the dimensions stated (not to mention I hate wide, I like tall, perhaps a widescreen I can rotate sideways would work, but most lcd's suck when rotated as they are not a uniform brightness, I did just get a new widescreen at work though, but it can rotate up... guess how I keep it... and yes it does strain the eyes a bit because each eye is seeing a different brightness)...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

Red Devil

Sammy's are great for WS/tilt.  Love it.

Did I say I FREAKING LOVE IT??? :-)
What box???

TheJamsh

lol Overmind, youre eyes must be like, one on top of the other or something. or very close :D

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

OvermindDL1

Why would you say that?  Eyes are normal, but when the screen is rotated 90 degrees so it is tall instead of wide, and it is a cheap LCD that has varying intensity across its normally height, think about it...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

TheJamsh

um... still thinking :S...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.