• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Map Editing Questions

Started by Darkplanet01, November 04, 2008, 09:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkplanet01

Here are two questions I would like answered. They are both probably fairly dumb ones to be asking but I'm new to map editing and to Battlezone Universe, so I'm asking them anyway.
Q1: How do you make 3 commander+ maps? Is it as simple as placing three (or more) sets of spawn points?
Q2: Is there any possible way to get perfect circles on a very large scale (i.e. too large for the brush)? What about other shapes (triangles etc.)?
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs harder.
Check out my site - www.freewebs.com/darkplanet01

GreenHeart

A1:  3 spawn points on team zero & set the dll to 'strategy02.dll'  no quotes.  go look at stock maps for examples.
A2:  Map :: Winter Map Tutorial
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Darkplanet01

Quote from: Darkplanet01 on November 04, 2008, 09:48:51 PM
Here are two questions I would like answered. They are both probably fairly dumb ones to be asking but I'm new to map editing and to Battlezone Universe, so I'm asking them anyway.
Q1: How do you make 3 commander+ maps? Is it as simple as placing three (or more) sets of spawn points?
Q2: Is there any possible way to get perfect circles on a very large scale (i.e. too large for the brush)? What about other shapes (triangles etc.)?
Also, you can use this topic to ask your own questions (though I'm probably one of the only people that still asks these sorts of questions) and hope someone else answers them.

Darkplanet01

Quote from: GreenHeart on November 04, 2008, 10:34:05 PM
A1:  3 spawn points on team zero & set the dll to 'strategy02.dll'  no quotes.  go look at stock maps for examples.
A2:  Map :: Winter Map Tutorial
Thanks for that. So setting 3 spawn points is all it takes? I thought there would be more. As for your answer to Q2, I check that out, and unfortunately I have none of the programs required (except for bz2 editor). I'll look into downloading them though.

Nielk1

Note, for 4 Commander map, place 4 spawns. :-P

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

lol, duh. i think four commanders are the highest though friend.

maps are hard work to get looking really realistic and nice, takes a long time. MP maps are pretty easy because all you want is basic sculpted terrain.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Darkplanet01

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 05, 2008, 11:35:25 AM
lol, duh. i think four commanders are the highest though friend.

maps are hard work to get looking really realistic and nice, takes a long time. MP maps are pretty easy because all you want is basic sculpted terrain.
Four commanders are the highest? I've got a map that can have five commanders and I think there's one that can have six.

Zero Angel

Oooh, a six way. A couple of years ago, a BZ2 player by the name of No|<omm3nt made an 8 way strat map. I think there was a bug in it, but it would have been awesome if it was completed.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AHadley

I remember N0K! Man, I wish he had finished those tech packs, they sounded good...

General BlackDragon

i wish he was around to give me the source code to the ZEMod deathmatch DLL

:|

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

Oh dear. Maybe spAce has a copy?