• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Where was your BZ2 copy bought?

Started by AHadley, November 10, 2008, 12:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Quote from: AHadley on November 11, 2008, 09:39:42 AM
*wave to Warfreak's Dad* :D
Who is warfreak's dad anyways? Maybe i've played with or against him...
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Axeminister

Fry's Electronics somewhere around 1999/2000, then 6 years later I bought my extra copy (which is still unused) at Fry's Electronics and it's from xplosiv.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

TheJamsh

well Axeminister pwns all, he bought TWO copies :D

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Nielk1

Mine was rather new when I got it. Must have been within a few months of release. I had never heard of it, and it was in with a bunch of other not so well selling games in an improvised flea market in a warehouse like store where they carry the overstock of things that didn't sell well. Early 2000 likely. I was modding by the 3rd day, granted, I could not do much.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I'd never heard of such things as mods until a couple of years ago... so naive...

yeah, anybody know how to get umlauts over stuff?

Angstromicus

I got two copies as well (well, I have one copy now).

The first I got from EB Games back in '99 or '00.  The copy disappeared and I've yet to find it, but I had since gotten a new copy from Amazon (I think I got it there, but I'm not positive).

TheJamsh

well im lucky i copied mine onto another disc.

my original disc broke and has a huge crack in it, i keep it for sentimental value. but i wouldnt have been happy if i wasnt able to re-install!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

I picked up BZ2, "Hey, they made a 2nd one?!"

Click on the image...

SkyNET

I got mine in a pack with Sin, Quake 2 and Heavy Gear 2. It's a damn good pack, I think I got it from Staples?

Raven

Warfreak

Quote from: Warfreak on November 11, 2008, 08:27:00 AM
at the time our internet sucked.

My dad has never played online and if he ever were to he would make a good strat'er and a terrible dm'er.

bigbadbogie

I got mine completely by accident.

I originally bought bz1 from kmart. I had just gotten a new computer and was dying to get some new stuff to try.

I saw bz1 in amongst about 20 other old games, wasn't too sure about it but went and got it nonetheless. Best decision of my life.

I played it so many times that I virtually never did anything else.

Then I found the bz2 demo online and got it. It took me months of searching to finally find the game. I eventually got it when I was on holiday on the Gold Coast.

I just randomly asked the guy behind the counter of the local ebgames and he said that he had it in an old pile.

Then after I got home I went back to the same kmart where I had gotten bz1 and of course I found 20 copies of bz2 on the front shelf!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Dark Scion Soldier

Oddly enough I got mine almost like Skynet but the pack had Dark Reign II instead of Sin.  Ah... Best memories of DR2 and BZ2..

*enters dream-like state*
Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

Red Spot

I once had 2 copies when the game was still relativly new, but lost them. After a good search I did find an adres where I can 'new' copies for some pretty old games. However these people ask almost more for their copies than they where 8 years ago ..... (collectors item?)

Anyone that is interested in a new copy of the game just drop me a note and I'll try to retrace my own steps and get you the adress of that company, do note that that company is in the Netherlands.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*