• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Where was your BZ2 copy bought?

Started by AHadley, November 10, 2008, 12:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceiling_Paint

lets see, i played bz1 demo from a teaser disk from pc world magazine, took me all of 2 minutes to fall in love with the game.
later on (i dont remember when) i bugged my dad to get bz1 for me, i still have the cd, box, origional manual (awesome manual by the way, more should be like that) etc... i ended up rushing home from school to play online almost every day :)

what, 2 years later? i went to a computer show at CCRI Knight campus in warwick RI, i can remember EXACTLY where i found the game, it was on a long table of just computer software/games etc... no boxes, just the cd case. bought the thing for 15 bucks, best purchase ever!

cheesepuffly

Mine came with my dads old computer. Just found it on a shelf somewhere. Installed it. First time i installed it, everything seemed weird so i uninstalled it. Tried it again, then i loved it. Sadly i let one of my friends borrow it, and they made a hole through the middle of the disk
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Power Board

Quote from: cheesepuffly on December 14, 2008, 05:37:43 PM
Sadly i let one of my friends borrow it, and they made a hole through the middle of the disk

Umm, Isn't there already a hole in the middle?  :-)

squirrelof09

Isn't there supposed to be a hole in the middle of discs?

Damnit.. you beat me..
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Power Board

Quote from: .:.FTD.:.squirrel-Cmd on December 14, 2008, 05:50:49 PM
Damnit.. you beat me..
:-D

Anyhow, I got my copy of BZ2 for my Birthday. I got it because I got BZ1 for my last birthday and had finished it 10 times  :lol:

Mad79Bronco

Sup Ceiling_Paint  :mrgreen:

I got my copy from my buddy ol' ceiling paint here back in the middle school days.  Dang that seems like a long time ago...  Anyway he showed it to me on his laptop [lol windows ME right], blasting things away with the walker and I fell love with it.  I still have the original copy he made me of the game.

Played it online back in my dialup days and I never could get how to hover with the scouts quite right and ceiling_paint always whooped me pretty bad even if I got gun towers up because he could hover higher than anything could shoot.  I wasted away so much time playing that game, custom maps, instant action battles with HUNDREDS on each side, forgotten enemies, the good old ISDF.

I still love this game because FPS+RTS games like this are few and far between, one of the few being STALKER shadow of cherobyl, and I love them.  It's crazy to see a pretty strong community for this game still up and running after all these years.  Hope this game never dies!

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Power Board on December 14, 2008, 05:46:59 PM
Umm, Isn't there already a hole in the middle?  :-)

Im not that stupid. Fine, its like the took a knife and cut the top from the bottom.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

AHadley

I thought you might have been joking...  :roll:

I lent one of my copies to the friend who introduced me to BZ2... along with a disk with all the mods hed never discovered on. Don't think he ever got it working again.

Power Board

Quote from: AHadley on December 15, 2008, 09:54:35 AM
along with a disk with all the mods hed never discovered on. Don't think he ever got it working again.
Thats an Idea. Have the original BZ2 install + all the BZ2 mod installs on a CD. A mega BZ2 CD.

Dataanti

i found my copy on the side of the road all scratched up when i was 5-7 years old and i had it for about 2 years before i could play it cause we needed to repair it