• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Where do i find a starter map for modeling map making?

Started by hybirdisdf, November 10, 2008, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hybirdisdf

I went to visit battlezone launch pad and click starter.It take me to planetquake site.I dont see any blank map there.I m looking for bz2 blank map.Does anyone knows where is it?

hybirdisdf

I found my 3 old blank maps in drive c.I chose size2048.I launched it from here.The screen went like gray and sabre.I tried click on left column to create landscape.It wont work.

General BlackDragon

I do believe there are a few options here.

1: What version are you using? 1.2 / 1.3 both should have a load button to allow you to load an existing map? (not entirely sure on 1.2 part)

You can also use a shortcut to specify an existing map to edit. Simply add the following to the end of the target line in the shortcut: /edit mapname.bzn

Note that mapname must be an existing map bzn file somewhere in addon/missions/etc/etc/

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

Yeah, I think you have to base a map off an existing one.

You can, however, just add a sky to that blank map and call it a space map, that's perfectly possible... just watch the stars and sprites, they only show on the upper hemisphere.

mrtwosheds

What that picture above shows, is a blank map...
All you have to do is start the editor with the /edit anyname.trn (make sure you have an anyname.trn, anyname.odf, anyname.inf)
and it will be a blank map, with nothing on it at all.
You do not have to base it on an existing map, you can get bugs on the map doing it that way.
Paint some terrain (fill layer 0) and save as anyname.bzn

The properties of the map must be defined in the .trn file before you open it in the editor.
Some of those .trn entries will have no effect at all. I don't know why.
But the size and texture entries do work.

General BlackDragon

Yes, though note: When loading a map via .trn, you must also use /nobodyhome in the command line.

*****General BlackDragon*****

hybirdisdf

1: What version are you using? 1.2 / 1.3 both should have a load button to allow you to load an existing map? (not entirely sure on 1.2 part)

Yeah,Im use 1.2 patch.I do remember the word load/save on upper column years ago.But for now,It is gone.I opened bz2 shortcut,not mm5.I dont know what happening. :|

mrtwosheds

QuoteYes, though note: When loading a map via .trn, you must also use /nobodyhome in the command line.
er... there will be nobody home cos the map will be new and empty...

Creating from existing maps can result in that annoying random effect playing in the middle of the map bug,

AHadley

mrtwosheds

You have probably seen it.
An effect (spstab or what ever) orphaned in the center of the map, playing over and over.
Very annoying to find it on a map you spent allot of time on, No known fix (not by me anyway)

Nielk1

Quote from: mrtwosheds on November 12, 2008, 12:29:44 PM
er... there will be nobody home cos the map will be new and empty...

Creating from existing maps can result in that annoying random effect playing in the middle of the map bug,

That flag tells BZ2 not to look at the BZN, since he would not yet have one, he would NEED the flag.

Effect in the middle of the map mean that a rendering error has the effect at 0,0,0. This should NOT be saved with the map, but is instead the result of something completely unrelated to the map. Overdone particle effects do this sometimes.

Click on the image...

AHadley

The only thing I've ever had close to that is a sound effect playing over and over when you open the editor whilst its playing... if you get my meaning.

Nielk1

[Open Editor]
BEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBE
[Close Editor]
BEEP....

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

QuoteThat flag tells BZ2 not to look at the BZN, since he would not yet have one, he would NEED the flag.
You don't, it makes a map from the trn if there is no bzn.

QuoteEffect in the middle of the map mean that a rendering error has the effect at 0,0,0. This should NOT be saved with the map, but is instead the result of something completely unrelated to the map. Overdone particle effects do this sometimes.
I have maps that I made (from others) that have this bug 99% of the time, with stock units and effects. But have not seen it at all on freshly created maps.