• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Where do i find a starter map for modeling map making?

Started by hybirdisdf, November 10, 2008, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feared_1

Hah, yeah the radar blip sound hurts the head.

You can cover up that render bug by raising the entire map's height by like 500 units in Winter.

AHadley

Zero Angel

I've never had to rely on blank maps, its easy enough to blank a map out yourself.

1) Just find a map that has the size/textures you want
2) Put it in your bz2 shortcut (ie: bz2edit.exe -nobodyhome quarry.bzn)-- the "nobodynome" switch removes all of the pre-existing objects and scripts from the map.
3) Go to color editor, and select the color you want most of your map to be, then click on the button which fills the entire map with the color.
4) Go to texture editor, set a base layer0 texture (something plain like grass or sand), additionally go to level 1, 2, and 3, textures and set those to something like (texture0, 0 opacity) and fill the entire map with that.
5) sky.load whicheverskyyouwanttouse
6) save the map.

7o) If you want, now you can edit the trn file to change the textures and other parameters.

8 ) Restart the editor, this time you can remove -nobodyhome from the shortcut

Its a lot of steps but it takes less than 5 minutes to do if you work quickly.

And also while I'm talking about editing, I might as well put in a plug for the 1.3 TV Editor launcher.  :-)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression