• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Where do I start? [DON'T PUT THINGS INTO PAK FILES YOU DIDN'T MAKE YOURSELF!]

Started by CivBase, November 12, 2008, 03:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkplanet01

Quote from: bigbadbogie on November 28, 2008, 03:01:09 PM
Remove this from your machine atstab ODF file: altName = "gatstab_a"
Heh, I figured out how to fix it right after I wrote that post. But I replaced the gatstab_a with gmstab instead of deleting the line altogether.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs harder.
Check out my site - www.freewebs.com/darkplanet01

Darkplanet01

I'm having another problem, this one with either crossing weapons into different races, or into different categories (cannons to guns etc), I'm not sure which, because both times I have crossed between categories I've also crossed between races. Anyway, the weapon is there in-game, but it has no name, and when I try to pick up the crate the game closes down on me.

AHadley

There's one of those in StarFleet. I think it means there's an error in the name. Maybe you used the wrong letter for its class? I don't know...

TheJamsh

yep. means a file is missing, or one of the files has a 'bad' ODF line or two.

only way to sort that is to bug-search all files. youve probably still referenced the wrong weapon name in the ap****.odf file.

oh and check that the little "s are there to

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Darkplanet01

I was wondering... how do I change the colour of the weapon? I've tried editting the numerous RGB Alpha settings in the ODFs, but it hasn't worked. In case you're wondering, the particular weapon I've editted is the blast cannon.

AHadley

There's probably a .PIC or .TGA somewhere that defines it. Have a mooch in data.pak (or patch13.pak) and addon, see what that throws up.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Darkplanet01 on December 03, 2008, 12:26:42 AM
I was wondering... how do I change the colour of the weapon? I've tried editting the numerous RGB Alpha settings in the ODFs, but it hasn't worked. In case you're wondering, the particular weapon I've editted is the blast cannon.
If you have edited values, but nothing changes, do the following:

1. Check if BZ2 is already running, sometimes an edit to a file (especially adding new files to the directory) needs to have BZ2 restart for the changes to take effect.
2. If BZ2 is not up after your edits are done, check to see if your ODFs are referencing each other properly. For example, if I were to make a weapon file gBlast_c_mod, but the file still had 'ordName = "blast_c"', instead of blast_c_mod, no changes would take effect to the beam if I were to modify blast_c_mod.odf.

In short, restart bz2 and check your referrences. If it still doesnt work, you did something else wrong, and you will need to post the contents of each (within tags preferably) ODF file along with their name (just in case) onto these forums.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Darkplanet01

Quote from: Steeveeo on December 03, 2008, 02:15:07 AM
If you have edited values, but nothing changes, do the following:

1. Check if BZ2 is already running, sometimes an edit to a file (especially adding new files to the directory) needs to have BZ2 restart for the changes to take effect.
2. If BZ2 is not up after your edits are done, check to see if your ODFs are referencing each other properly. For example, if I were to make a weapon file gBlast_c_mod, but the file still had 'ordName = "blast_c"', instead of blast_c_mod, no changes would take effect to the beam if I were to modify blast_c_mod.odf.

In short, restart bz2 and check your referrences. If it still doesnt work, you did something else wrong, and you will need to post the contents of each (within tags preferably) ODF file along with their name (just in case) onto these forums.
Neither of those worked. I'll get around to posting the contents soon. For now, I want to know how I can attach the weapon to the factory/forge, so I can build my units with the weapon pre-attached.

Steeveeo

For factory panels, find the fweapon and iweapon.odf files, then add your weapons there.

If you want the weapons attached to the unit as default, place it into the unit's ODF.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

you didnt edit the weapon straight in the .pak file did you? that doesnt work, you have to export it, odify the exported file, then overrite and import the previously exported file

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Darkplanet01

Quote from: TheJamsh on December 19, 2008, 04:48:19 PM
you didnt edit the weapon straight in the .pak file did you? that doesnt work, you have to export it, odify the exported file, then overrite and import the previously exported file
No, I didn't. I never do that. I just export the file, modify it and chuck it in addon.
PS. I know I said I'd get around to posting the contents soon, and now several weeks later I still haven't done it, but I kept forgetting.