• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

WOW

Started by TheJamsh, November 15, 2008, 05:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

i was SO chuffed with myself today

i mean its not a difficult task, but vista makes things harder than they need to be. but i managed to connect my laptop to the desktop today via a LAN network/cabley thing, and experienced multiplayer BZ2 with no lag.

that was probably THE most fun ive ever had. and theres no danger of hackers or anything dodgy like that, such good fun! i suggest anyone with a like-minded siblings goes out and buys the equipment to just taste the fun =]

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Try it with a six person setup... awesome.  That's the most I've ever had connected at one time and it took a minor miracle to even get that many of us together in one place...

LOVE to have a LAN party at a professional host somewhere, but for three or four of us to even be in the same city at one time is stretching the odds...  :)

-Av-

General BlackDragon

i live in dallas tx, how hard could it be?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Axeminister

There is no knowledge that is not power.

AHadley

Broseley, Shropshire, England. Hands up who's heard of it :wink:

AcneVulgaris

Quote from: Avatar on November 20, 2008, 02:14:08 PM
Try it with a six person setup... awesome.  That's the most I've ever had connected at one time and it took a minor miracle to even get that many of us together in one place...

LOVE to have a LAN party at a professional host somewhere, but for three or four of us to even be in the same city at one time is stretching the odds...  :)

-Av-

I've had as many 10 - 12 at my house for weekend lan parties.  Must have been higher density in California.

Alas, those days are over.

TheJamsh

*hand up*

Plymouth, Devon, England

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Burlington, New Jersey :(

Click on the image...

CivBase

I just go to an internet cafe... but I suppose connecting laptops works too.

Warfreak

Aprox. Austin, Texas

bigbadbogie

Central Mornington Peninsula, below Melbourne, AU.  :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Axeminister

I remember the first lan games my brother and I hooked up. It was Star wars: Racer. Man that was fun and fast. Which was followed by Quake 1, Quake 2 then Unreal Tournament.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

AHadley

I've hardly been able to play anything online much, 'cos I'm on AOL. I've got a router now, though, so my connection is less tempremental :D

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 21, 2008, 10:35:33 AM
*hand up*

:-D