• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

How good is YOUR vision?

Started by Steeveeo, November 15, 2008, 09:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

I just went through this neat little eyesight test that quizzes your ability to distinguish hues from one another.

http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77

The quiz involves simply arranging the tiles in each line to form as perfect of a gradient as possible.

With 0 being "Perfect Eyesight" and 35 being about the average for most adults, how well do you score? And where are you shaky in your vision?

I got an 8, having the most trouble in the Red-Oranges and Green-blues.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Sonic

"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

General BlackDragon

Your score: 4
Age range: 20-29
Best score for your gender and age range: 0
Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

*****General BlackDragon*****

Angstromicus

Your score: 0
Age range: 16-19

Yay  :-D!

Nielk1

Your score: 3
Age range: 16-19

The Best and Highest seem to be saturated.

On a CRT monitor.

Click on the image...

Angstromicus

The best scores should be ignored. You could have a monitor that displayed only two colors, and still pass the test with a perfect score - provided you used color-sampling software.

And, yes, I used some color sampling software on the test, but I didn't cheat (I only used my color judging skills to put the colors in the right order). I just verified that everything was correct, and the test was indeed accurate :wink:.

Zero Angel

I got 4.

All 4 of my misses were adjacent to each other in the neighborhood of 'dull green-orange'. Although the orange to violate part of the spectrum gave me the hardest time
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

All 3 of my misses where adjacent in the violet area.
Funny thing is in chem lab I was the only one in my group of four who could see the violet at all on the spectroscope.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Quote    * Your score: 0
    * Age range: 20-29
    * Best score for your gender and age range: 0
    * Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520
And I did not cheat in any way shape or form, unlike Angstromicus. :P

Not surprising though, I have 20/10 version (double better then what is considered perfect) and can see a slightly wider range then the 'norm' (but is still not uncommon).

And sunlight blinds me; I quite literally cannot see out in the sun without a dark pair of sunglasses on.  Bright light also has a tendency to make me nauseous and tired...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

AHadley

Too much time in front of a computer, that. all those ones and zeros...

Angstromicus

Lol, maybe I should have rephrased what I said:

I took the test, used Photoshop, and then pressed the submit button (without making any changes since starting up Photoshop).

AHadley

Angstromicus

Excellent. AHadley believes me and is so relieved that he had the giggles.

*Awards AHadley a cookie*

Feared_1

Your score: 9999
Age range: 45-99
Best score for your gender and age range: 9999
Highest score for your gender and age range: 9999

Huh.  Go figure. 

Real Men, it seems, see only the primary colors. 

This makes that whole test pretty darn easy.

:lol:

-Av-

(running joke at work, for Men there is no 'magenta', or 'chartruse', there's only Red, Green, Blue... )