• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZII loads X file, but where's my texture?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, November 12, 2008, 02:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

Sure, buy a certain specific old copy of Softimage 3D.  It is the only thing capable of *everything* BZ2 supports. :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

Nielk1

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on November 21, 2008, 12:07:03 PM
Sure, buy a certain specific old copy of Softimage 3D.  It is the only thing capable of *everything* BZ2 supports. :P

That or learn a lot of notepad!
I have near everything, I just have to associate my bones with vertexes in notepad, but the rest is done in max.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 21, 2008, 02:38:41 PM
I have near everything, I just have to associate my bones with vertexes in notepad, but the rest is done in max.

Yeah... thanks to me.  :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

BNG Da BZ Fool

Finding an old copy of SI 3D is like looking for a needle in a hay stack; let alone being able to actually buy it. Gimme a break peeps. One or two viable options existed before; now there's another option using X models, and yes it too is a half-ass alternative. Add it to the other alternatives and what do you have? Just another means to an end as I see it. BNG. PS: It's always good to have a spirited discussion and hopefully a bit of collaborative cooperation to see where it all leads right? Quick! Somebody slap me before my head gets all big an puffy! LOL.   
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

BNG Da BZ Fool

TS 3.2 supports the same X template header as BZII, and the header 1 0 1 is in the right place too. I'm still working the texture thingy though. The DX formats seems pretty inconsistent as I've notice numerous variants over the last couple of years. BNG.

Update: the TS 3.2 version has extra template entries making it unviewable in 3DEX 1.5. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.