• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

New map ( my Idea but has been made)

Started by darkwarrior, November 19, 2008, 06:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

Ho and by the way, I know it is a multiplayer map, but if you have the terrain graphics and props set to high, you will see a totaly diffrent map from when it was low.

Just a tip.
Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

darkwarrior

Hey Shane can you make the final changes I need for this map. I cant because when I save it, it wont work at all on all my computers. On vista notihng happens. On 2k it just goes all white when I load it. I have really no experience.

All I need for you to do is...

-use bridges sky
-make it so we can see the map on the radar (elevations, to know where mountains are, you know what I mean)
-lastly check the scav paths on the bridge. Treaded vehicles seem to have some difficulties on it.

I spent like 2 hours and nothing works for me.

There might be more, but I cant really see the map and make better judgements without the radar of the map.

Thanks for all your help man. The map is amazing.

darkwarrior

Shane sorry couple other things I need here I was testing it.

-The bridges need to be invunerable
-Lasty the ramps by the bases and some other areas around the map. Like for the corner pools, well the scavs cant get up them or treaded vehicles. I cant think of the word for it. Like make them flatter for them or something thanks man. Like you didnt need to do any of this, but you did. I just wanted to test some of it to make sure.

I wish I could make the final adjustments, but I cant save anything....

If you could I would greatly aprreciate it

darkwarrior

They get stuck here

in those areas on the map that are in red. if you can kinda flatten it more so the scavs can get back to base. Like if you were to attack a base with ass tanks. They wouldnt be able to get up.

And those other red areas. If you can flatten them a bit for the scavs or smooth them. But dont make it able to be so flat that you can build buldings everywhere.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

darkwarrior

thx shane..

what do you mean by infected?

shane ward

Done, Again, Not everything you wanted was done, I managed to make the access to the bases area more smoother as to the scrap pools, just did this in a few mins, and  had to reedit all the trees and objects, they all stick in the air when the terrain is moved..

As for the bridges being invunerable I have not done this at the moment, I think it would be better got game play if the players did not blow them up.. But  that takes extra work to make them invunerable.

I am not sure why you are having truble saving.... you need to save in the editor and replace the file called "TPL405.bzn" then close bz then reload it. if you can tell us more about what you are doing we might be able to help. But hopefully this map should be ok now....

As before, the download area is the same...
Download file: - http://www.bzscrap.com/~shanesmods/files/TPL405.zip

Remove the old copy in your (addon/Missions/Multiplayer/ST/TPL405)
Extract the new copy into (addon/Missions/Multiplayer/ST)

Hope this is what you want.
Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

darkwarrior

Ok thx shane.

For the bridges, would it work if the bridges respawned instantly after they are destroyed?

Shane I did what you said for saving but it just loads the map the same way as if it didnt save

AHadley

That would be awkward... just use AddHealth, like this:
maxHealth = 50000 // set to 50000 in case a bomb explosion goes off near it
addHealth = 50000 // means 50000 health will be added every second should it become damaged - Taken from TJ's Nulljammer, which he made for me  :-)

mrtwosheds

Surely its set health to 0 for invulnerability?

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com