• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Map Editing Tools

Started by Hurricane, November 23, 2008, 12:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane

Can someone tell me which ones are the two best?
By that I mean:

-Easiest to use
-Most objects, etc.

Warfreak

Ctrl + E is your friend.

Enter "game.cheat bzedit" if you need to in the console. Or if on 1.3, start up the separate bz2edit.exe in the root folder. you still need to press Ctrl + E after pulling up the program or console line.

AHadley

All you need is Battlezone 2 and an operating system that will run it. I suppose a text editor would be useful, but there's normally one of those in each OS... I have yet to see one without one, if you know what I mean.

mrtwosheds

Feared_1

Quote from: mrtwosheds on November 23, 2008, 03:31:17 PM
winterODL.exe

Only if you want to change the overall size of the map, create a new map from a picture, or make big time changes.

--

What version are you using? If you're using 1.2, download Editor 2.0+ from BZSCRAP. That has most of the assets (including broken ones, ones that give you errors or are incomplete) in data.pak that the other editor doesn't.

The 1.3 editor has everything you need (unbroken assets) already included.

Nielk1

Quote from: Feared_1 on November 23, 2008, 10:08:16 PM
Only if you want to change the overall size of the map, create a new map from a picture, or make big time changes.

Or create perfect symmetry.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

Or just make a real nice looking map in a reasonably short time.

lucky_foot

or do all thee above.

(sorry, not helpful...just in a good mood. :D )
Jonathan S.

Warfreak

HOWEVER... Winter ONLY deals with TERRAIN.

you will STILL need to add objects in the editor. Also, ANOTHER advantage of winter, a certain layer actually sets AI boundaries.  :-D

GreenHeart

Quote from: Warfreak on November 24, 2008, 08:29:03 PM
a certain layer actually sets AI boundaries.  :-D

Actually nothing sets the ai boundaries.  I've had one unit go way past that point to where the game av'd.  It was the entire reason the mega's sentinal unit uses 'DefendArea" to keep from going straight off the map.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Hurricane

Thanks for your help.
I have Editor 2.0: the one I used before I quit two years ago.

P.S. I'm making an ODF mod. I don't know when it will be done, but it's all stock stuff.
I'll describe it in another post.