• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Who wants to help with my planned mod 'Factions'?

Started by Nielk1, November 22, 2008, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 23, 2008, 01:54:26 PM
And I can make it so units must earn qualifications for high tech weapons through combat.
Thats suprisingly not a bad idea, per-unit based leveling system. New units would have bad aim and crappy weapons, but after a few kills, their accuracy would go up and be able to carry more advanced weaponry. I think I just might add that to DME!

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

CivBase

Yah, a veteran status would be cool... but you'd need some sort of mark so that you'd know it's status... could you maybe put a little thing on the health bar?

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Steeveeo on November 23, 2008, 05:38:14 PM
Thats suprisingly not a bad idea, per-unit based leveling system. New units would have bad aim and crappy weapons, but after a few kills, their accuracy would go up and be able to carry more advanced weaponry. I think I just might add that to DME!

I thought that it already does something like that... with skill levels.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

Quote from: bigbadbogie on November 23, 2008, 06:43:34 PM
Not dynamically based on kills.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on November 23, 2008, 06:43:34 PM

That does accuracy, but I am referring to the requirement of proficiency in a specific weapon type to use it.

Steeveeo, I think it is.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

So... find a way to check every unit for their skill level and give them a more powerful weapon as they go up?

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

WIP turret, faction and special powers/specifics not yet known:

Any suggestions, or any models want to put together some archetypes? (Like architectures only for craft.)

Click on the image...

Hurricane

I think you should have a "Pilot Factory" which builds soldiers, etc. That can send radar images and can attack, etc. Under radar of course.
It'd help for a more strategic game; which is what I love. =]

Nielk1

Lower Quality render with faster deploy and legs that 'flick' it into the air.

Click on the image...

Nielk1

I think this deserves a double post:

Some minor UV fixes are needed on the arms and some UVing needs to be done on the backs of the leg cover plates and recesses.

Near the end I ran out of space on my 1024 by 1024 texture image and had to reuse parts of it. The only part of the gun that is not used anywhere else badly needs more work (spit with mesh stripes on whiteish surface).

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

That is why I truly hate uvmapping.

Not enough space. I just needed 3 seperate pics for one model.

My BZ2 mods:

OvermindDL1

Making the mesh is not the main job of a modeler, but rather making a good texture to match the mesh.  Until that is mastered, one cannot call themselves a great modeler (even animations tend to be a lot easier then making the texture...). :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

bigbadbogie

Yes, I know.

I didn't say I couldn't.... just that it isn't my favourite part.

My BZ2 mods:

Feared_1

Kind of reminds me of RA pillboxes :)

An alien race could have something similar only the guns could float ;)

EDIT: I could help make maps if you need them, I just wouldn't know how to do those three things under "enhancements". Never really worked in-depth with the 1.3 editor before, it might be fun.

Nielk1

Enhancements are controlled by special map settings files and the placing of specific objects.
Help with the maps would be wonderful, the only thing is most of this should be planned out before that really starts as the smallest thing could cause all maps to need reworking.

That is why this thread is here though, to get everything finalized and moving.

Click on the image...