• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Who wants to help with my planned mod 'Factions'?

Started by Nielk1, November 22, 2008, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

As some of you may know from my topic "I want your crazy ideas for a DLL powered... thing..." I have chosen to make a mod called 'Factions' centering on the powers of DLL.

Story:
In an alternate reality, the meteor shower of the 1960s does not just fall on the bearing straights, but across the greater area of human population. A new material, Biometal spread to the world. Soon, the Biometal supplies began to wain, and a major (and very public) space race began. Utilizing the amazing new technology of the age, not only the major super powers, but many of the nations of the world were able to launch their space programs. These programs existed in relative cooperation (barring skirmishes between the Americans and Soviets, and numerous other factions). In response to the growing belligerence between the Americans and Soviets, The Alliance of Awakened Nations was formed as a sub party of the UN, and the International Space Defense Force became its arms and legs. As greed and malice took control, the ISDF lost much of its ranks still loyal to their home nations. Old friends became rivals and a third world war came to be stretched across the stars.

Sides with some sort of content so far:
ISDF

• Request permission for Puma Light Tank from SF/G66
EDF

• Squadron of the ISDF originally tasked with Earth wide defense from external threat. They have better technology then the ISDF.
  • Hammer Rocket Bomber.
  • Nadir remote unit controlled by remote control station. The NADIR is not susceptible to RADIATION.
  • Hacker Scout that can take control of one thing at a time, but only objects with the hackable=true flag.
Black Dogs (from FS)

• Plasma Battery - This super weapon will fire long range artillery to an enemy base, rising as high as orbit before descent.
UEA

• Can't say much, but they are in JS's mod HE
AAN

• Collectiveish, more standard than other factions but more diverse than mere ISDF. They are the UN after all.
  • Originally not personally militarily powered, forced to take arms when the ISDF and supplementary EDF failed and became just two more factions.
Australian

• Boomerang Rockets! Get your ammo back if you miss.
Forces spatiale canadienne (Canadian)

• Their military is specialized, play to that.
  • Canadian units have two classes, arctic and pine.
  • The colder the temperature, the better arctic units perform.
  • Local area temperature regulators, nicknamed snow machines, can be utilized to artificily drop temperatures. (As a side effect, this can prevent overheating and heat based damage from occurring, but enhances the risk of thermal shock damage.)
Armée françaises de spatiale (French)

• The super powerful Puppet Master Device that can control 1 enemy unit at a time.
  • The Stage Director structure that can utilize a Puppet Master Device for self defense. Virtually a Gun Tower equal in power to the imposing attack wave.
Greece

• Use new unit the Gladius Tank, special purpose yet unknown.
Enhancements:
Map Temperature
Map Radiation - Units absorb radiation to the point of killing pilots.
Map Atmosphere (effecting weapons, for example sonics don't work w/o gas, but best with liquids)

Related Pages:
http://www.bzcomplex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Factions

Your Part:

• I would like ideas, models, designs, unique tech tree plans, and all manner of strange things.
  • I have many ideas not matched to specific Factions and others loosely attached that could easily change.
  • I need archetypes for the factions as to how their tech will look or what 'special powers' they will have.
Final brief:
Major work will start near Christmas. Any work can be done now, but I have several commitments like MRVP and HE that I would like to either finish or get into a well working order.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

:-D
The Jihadi faction, an entire team of suicidal exploding vehicles! the hotter it gets the more deranged they become.

The Chinese faction, they build very large numbers of cheap, badly made vehicles, that always breakdown, whatever the weather.

The English faction, have access to high tech weapons, but their base is so expensive to build (except for the barracks which leak), that they usually end up driving cheap 2nd hand units made from rust and canvas and breakdown/stop for a tea break if the temperature goes over 25 degrees, Thugs have to buy their own kit when going into combat! they also have a scrap tax of 25% just to help it all run along smoothly. The command bunker is of course particularly expensive, so you have to take out a loan to build it and spend the rest of the game just paying off the interest...

AHadley

Quote from: mrtwosheds on November 23, 2008, 02:06:35 AM
The Jihadi faction, an entire team of suicidal exploding vehicles! the hotter it gets the more deranged they become.

The Chinese faction, they build very large numbers of cheap, badly made vehicles, that always breakdown, whatever the weather.

The English faction, have access to high tech weapons, but their base is so expensive to build (except for the barracks which leak), that they usually end up driving cheap 2nd hand units made from rust and canvas and breakdown/stop for a tea break if the temperature goes over 25 degrees, Thugs have to buy their own kit when going into combat! they also have a scrap tax of 25% just to help it all run along smoothly. The command bunker is of course particularly expensive, so you have to take out a loan to build it and spend the rest of the game just paying off the interest...

:lol:

Was that serious or not? I can never quite tell with you.

shane ward

Quote from: mrtwosheds on November 23, 2008, 02:06:35 AM

LOL, I got to hand it to you, thats a real funny post, I enjoyed reading it... hahah. However I think the germans build good hoot... but the english... Spot on... I am sure they have a tea holder in there tanks, and the base is so expensive to build, the bank takes over the base and they cannot do anything.... HAHA....

Anyway, Good luck on this mod... Lots are being thought about, but most never get done...

Anway good luck
Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

AHadley

Quote from: shane ward on November 23, 2008, 07:00:33 AM
LOL, I got to hand it to you, thats a real funny post, I enjoyed reading it... hahah. However I think the germans build good hoot... but the english... Spot on... I am sure they have a tea holder in there tanks, and the base is so expensive to build, the bank takes over the base and they cannot do anything.... HAHA....

Anyway, Good luck on this mod... Lots are being thought about, but most never get done...

Anway good luck
Shane

Oi - watch it, you!

CivBase

lol that was good...

What about an infantry batalion?
That'd be interesting to see in a mod.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: AHadley on November 23, 2008, 09:30:04 AM
Oi - watch it, you!

Lol - A British brawl.

And perhaps you need a permit for all the weapons you have in the Australian faction. And you are only allowed semi-automatic weapons.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on November 23, 2008, 01:13:09 PM
Lol - A British brawl.

And perhaps you need a permit for all the weapons you have in the Australian faction. And you are only allowed semi-automatic weapons.

Be careful. I CAN make it permit based...

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Its because of those idiotic mass-murderers in the 90s. They took away our pistols and machineguns.

Now we only have shotguns and rifles.  :cry:

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

What about your army?

And I can make it so units must earn qualifications for high tech weapons through combat.

Click on the image...

BNG Da BZ Fool

I'd love to help, but I'm not sure just how. I do however make a good stiff cup of tea though. I guess you could just PM us with any specific requests for stuff. I can be as creative as the the next guy.

PS: perhaps I could make a rebel race to harrass the other nations. I have enough units made ranging from scavengers to rocket tanks. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 23, 2008, 01:54:26 PM
What about your army?

And I can make it so units must earn qualifications for high tech weapons through combat.

The ADF still get everything of course, its just us civilians who are left out.

My BZ2 mods:

Nielk1

Quote from: BNG Da BZ Fool on November 23, 2008, 02:24:05 PM
I'd love to help, but I'm not sure just how. I do however make a good stiff cup of tea though. I guess you could just PM us with any specific requests for stuff. I can be as creative as the the next guy.

PS: perhaps I could make a rebel race to harrass the other nations. I have enough units made ranging from scavengers to rocket tanks. BNG.

Just an idea of what to even give the different factions. Examples of ideas are on the page "Factions Concept Sheet" linked in the above link.

Click on the image...