• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Is The Red Odyssey a big disappointment?

Started by Grendel, January 22, 2009, 12:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why not?  It's a fully functional walker, just no real body to speak of, no working weapons, but it walks the same and sounds the same and everything...

I still haven't figured out a way to COMMAND them to 'morph/deploy/cloak'.  It'd be nice if every unit could 'deploy' and, for those that don't actually deploy it just set the 'deployed' flag...  as it is I'm thinking I might need to use some sort of iface type screen...

Still lots to figure out...

-Av-

bigbadbogie

Maybe use the 'hunt' command and have the dll detect when it is told to hunt. Then get it to replace the walker with a visible one.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

Quote from: Nielk1 on February 05, 2009, 09:32:28 AM
But then they can't command if they are the player!

Avatar, He means if you switch the player thats in a cloaking walker to team 0, they cant command their recy/stuff.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

I think nurfing the weapons and VIR/RedField is the best way. OR! You could make it switch to another walker with zero ammo and various stealth settings. I am pretty sure cloaked units are hittable, so a Zen walker would be unfair!

Click on the image...

I didn't say switch their TEAM, I said PTEAM, which is the AI perceived team the player is on...  the AI will ignore them completely this way.

-Av-

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

I think when set by DLL the PTeam setting remains even if you attack...   the engine uses it for things like you remaining on the enemy team when jumping into a sniped vehicle and losing your PTeam setting when you attack.

-Av-

Fixxxer

If Battlezone was Checkers then The Red Odyssey was Chess.  It was best received by those who played through Battlezone on hard with their eyes closed.  Sure, the voice acting was horrible, the Chinese units looked beyond ugly, and it was crash prone, but nothing challenged your battlefield assesment and dogfighting skills quite like TRO did.

Part of the reason for that is that every enemy unit was keyed in on the Player.  This keeps the pressure up, makes you run full-out all the time since you know they're coming for you.

Tony is a mean SOB when it comes to making missions, that's for sure.   :)  He still likes insanely hard gameplay, so I don't think he's mellowing with age.

I miss playing GAIPS on hard with him, as he's dropped out of sight.  RL has a way of doing that to people...

-Av-

Red Devil

What box???

Red Devil

What box???

TheJamsh

Hes just coaxing you in for the final strike! Don't damage our dear old friend RD! We need him!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.