• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Reverse Scriptor for FE DLLs

Started by BS-er, November 25, 2008, 02:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BS-er

In response to some prodding by BigBadBogie, I've created a reverse scriptor tool.  It will only convert FE DLLs and other DLLs made with the same Scriptor configuration as used for FE.  There's probably no longer a general need for this tool, since the goal of restoring FE scripts has been accomplished with it.  However I may expand on it in the future to reverse-script other Scriptor DLLs if the need ever arises.

The tool is at: http://www.orderlymayhem.com/downloads/rev_scriptor.zip

Hopefully karma will smile on me some day for my good deeds :) (i.e. a world class modeller joining the M.A.D. project).

General BlackDragon

Don't you already have Lizard? He's one of the best modellers I know from BZ2 :|

*****General BlackDragon*****

BS-er

Lizard did a lot of great work for the project, but he has moved on to other things :(.

bigbadbogie

I sware his real name is Mr Moveon.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

I thought Liz. was world class, too bad he moved on AGAIN!

Get spAce when he is done with Infinity maybe?

This is great, I will enjoy seeing how some of the things were done so I can retool them in C++ for a dynamic reuse.

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Thanks for this, BS-er.  I'll put it to good use.   :mrgreen:

As for modelers and animators, talk to Ky and Clive here.  Check out the trailer about halfway down for some action:

http://aixtended.com/
What box???

BS-er

Quote from: bigbadbogie on November 25, 2008, 04:08:47 PM
I sware his real name is Mr Moveon.

Not compared to some people.  Most other modellers I've worked with lately seem to move on after a month.  Even though Lizard has moved on from various projects, he generally sticks it out long enough to accomplish a lot.  I wish he could've stayed with MAD longer though, but people have lives to lead.

spAce is definitely a worthy modeller.  Infinity is lucky to have them, but that project looks like it will take a year or two more at least.

Thanks for pointing out Ky and Clive.  That trailer is impressive.

Red Devil

Another guy there, Chad, is really good at hand weapon animations, like reloads, switching, etc.
What box???

lucky_foot

Lizard's an artist...he likes to do a lot of projects. ;) I know I had fun working with him and miss doing so.

BTW, play the Beta version of MAD and give us your input. :D :: Plug for MAD for BSer ::
Jonathan S.

TheJamsh

Didnt realise Lizard has left the MAD team too. wish hed come back to BZ a little more often. How could anyone ever leave...

I guess that MAD is suffering hitches :S (i guess youll have to come back to BZ2 then hehe :P)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

No, he just needs to find some new employees.

If I knew the first thing about game development I might eventually even put my hand up for the job. MAD has the greatest potential since BZ.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

General BlackDragon

does this work with scripts made by scriptor 1.7?

AHadley

It won't work with scripts made with versions released after FE, if that means anything to you.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: General BlackDragon on May 24, 2009, 01:49:29 PM
does this work with scripts made by scriptor 1.7?

No.

But BS-er said that he may update it eventually to do that if it became necessary.

My BZ2 mods:

General BlackDragon

I could use it for BZC :-/ I lost the demo scrip source