• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

ODF Mod

Started by Hurricane, November 25, 2008, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane

I'm making a stock mod..
Just messing around with weapons and stuff putting them in armory, etc. Like Rocket is going in the Rocket section.
Adding Interceptor to Factory.
Trying to get pilots to be able to be built.
With permission from Natty I want to add a few G66 units EX. Puma
Hoping to get APC turret to actually work, make it pilotable. (More like a fury) -Maybe a whole separate ship that can use turret
Sentry being able to use rocket (I've always thought rockets suit Sentries since Mission 1)
Rocket Towers, etc.
Mortar Scout

Problems:
-I can't find the Recycler ODF files
-I can't find the ivCons or fvCons files (constructor odf files)
-I can't find the fvSent files
-Can't make weapons worth more scrap (rocket costs 3 scrap???)

This is my second time playing this game after a two year break, in which I threw away the CD (not answering questions on it), and got the game via ISO file.

Help with the problems would be greatly appreciated.
Suggestions as well.

-Thanks.

Hurricane

Mortar scouts for Scion. (They need another mortar ship.)

Steeveeo

Recy files are easy enough to find:

*vrecy.odf
*brecy.odf

* Being the racename, either I or F with stock.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Feared_1

Pak Explorer in case you don't already have it. Much easier to find things using that.

Hurricane

Thanks much. Especially you Feared_1.
You've solved numerous amounts of my problems.
I'm indebted to you.

Hurricane

Quote from: Steeveeo on November 25, 2008, 09:22:44 PM
Recy files are easy enough to find:

*vrecy.odf
*brecy.odf

* Being the racename, either I or F with stock.

The problem is, I haven't found the IVrecy, FVrecy, FBrecy, and IBrecy files; they're not there.

VSMIT

Extract all ODF files using Pak Explorer without using the directory tree.  The ODF names will end up in alphabetical order in whatever folder you specify, and you can find ivrecy.odf, fvrecy.odf, ibrecy.odf and fbrecy.odf.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

They are in data.pak.

- objects
-- ISDF or Fury
--- buildings or vehicles

You will find them under various folders in there.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

or patch13.pak in case youre using PB4/any of the Public Betas.

pilots are EASILY buildable. stock pilots you wont be able to command, but you can with a few new ODF entries. check out XMOD's files for details.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

QuoteHoping to get APC turret to actually work,
Can't be done while keeping apc functions. The class does not do turrets.

Quotemake it pilotable.
Can be done.

TheJamsh

yeh unfortunately the APC's turrets cannot work. shame, because itd be freakin awesome if they could, and not such an easy target.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Zero Angel

I've always thought rockets and salvo rockets make cool weapons. The only problem is that they're overpowered for strat usage. Rocket has 300 range and does a little too much damage, and salvo does a ton of damage against buildings. If I were to make an ODF mod, i'd lower rockets range to 150 or so (maybe give it a slightly faster speed to compensate), and water down the salvo (mini-salvo) quite a lot. Scions need good rockets too, and 'rocket' would be kind of a cool weapon, especially considering that sentries are useless when you get arc cannons or sonic blast.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bigbadbogie

The Scion 'Brawler' rocket bomber has a sonic missile which fits your criteria.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Zero Angel

Forgot about sonic rockets! Yes, they're quite awesome.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AHadley

If a little slow. But still, I guess that's the same for the rocket. I always hate it in deathmatch when I get landed with an interceptor.