• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

SO...

Started by TheJamsh, November 29, 2008, 08:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

ive just managed to get all the COD4 sounds for weapons and explosions, thanks to a little trick i was taught in my cubase masterclass session in sound college this week...

do you think id be hunted down if i used them in my mod? (ps, is this OT material?)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Probably not, since BBB seemed to have shamelessly used sounds from HL2 in QF for that assault tank of his.

Steeveeo

And I used the Homeworld 2 ship implosion sound for my Dark Matter Rocket, the Fiery Explosion 3 (IIRC) for my Flak, and the damage sparks sound for the Dark Matter Generator, so I think a lot of mods are at least a little guilty of this.

Just as long as you dont make any money at all from the mod, you should be fine.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

And so long as no one notices.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

How did you get them? I have been unable to find half the sounds from Cod 4 and 5.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Also, care to send them to me? I want to make myself a sound bank. I normally heavily edit sounds before I use them, but having them now would be a big help later.

You know how to contact me, maybe we can trade some SFX.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

basically, i used Audacity.

I started a 'split screen' game on my own, playing through old school mode and normal mode. i basically loaded up a map, there was no other noise going on (except the ambient distant gunshots that COD plays)

use a balanced (stereo) jack lead to take the sound from a headphone socket on the TV, and plug it into a line in socket on youre computer. hit 'record' on audacity, then fire off single rounds from allthe guns, blow things up etc.

use 'save selection as .wav' to save all the individual sounds as .wav files

Jobs a good 'un!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

I did that to get the music to BZN64. The editor I used flubbed up though.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I tend to use GoldWave for my sound stuff... a nice piece of kit, much easier to use than Audacity in my opinion.

Speaking of which, does anybody know how to get Hadean and Cerberi voice effects through GW? I could do with knowing that for my mod.