• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Happy TG everyone! Ok, now for the needed help.

Started by dntknwhw2b, November 27, 2008, 12:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dntknwhw2b

I'm so out of it with all of this version 1, 2, 3, FE, FS and all of the mods. It makes me so confused!
I had BZ setup in two different folders in C: before and it worked pretty good. I like the way Nielk1 has his setup done. So can I be a pain in the you know what; and ask someone to hold my hand and walk me thru this setup mess that has been made of BZ2?
Not today! I know that everyone has a lot on there plate today. (pun - pun.) Overmind told me how to do it once before but I have lost the txt file that I saved from that conversation.

As Liberache used to say,
Tank u, tank u!

AHadley

I run the same setup as Nielk1.

First step, install BZ2. Name this first directory Battlezone II 1.2. Now patch it to 1.2.

Now install any 1.2 mods you want.

Install BZ2 again to Battlezone II 1.3PB3. Patch to PB3, install any mods you want.

Repeat, to Battlezone II 1.3PB4a. Install PB4a and any mods.

Installing to one directory at a time removes any confusion over which directory to patch to, and patching over the top of another patch.

Nielk1

Don't use 1.2 in the name, use 1_2

It gets buggy with .'s

You can install it more than once, but here is what I do:
I install once, and only once, to "c:/program files/Battlezone II 1_01b2" (you can just call it 1_0 if you don't want to be anal). Then, whenever I need a new install, I copy that folder and rename the copy to the version I want and apply what patches and mods I want. The only side effect is there are no icons linking to it anywhere, but that is easy to do, and as I launch exclusively through MM5 when not modding, ultimately not needed. I then delete the data.pak from the new folder and hard link the old one in there, but that is rather advanced and unnecessary, it just saves a bit of space for me.

Here are my guides and guide placeholders:
1.01b2 Guide (no content yet)
1.1 Guide (no content yet)
1.2 Guide
1.3pb1 Guide (no content, use pb3)
1.3pb2 Guide (no content, use pb3)
1.3pb3 Guide
1.3pb4a Guide (no content yet)

Click on the image...

dntknwhw2b

Thanks guys!  Wow! A response on Thanksgiving even. I think that I will just do 3 installs. V 2, v 3 and v 4a. That should be good enough. Then I can learn how to play an MPI game.

Nielk1

Click on the image...