• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Update on Hurricane's Stock Mod

Started by Hurricane, November 29, 2008, 02:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane

So far so good. Thank you, everybody, for giving me the information on the PAK Explorer.

Improvements thus far.
~SCION~
-Scion Gun Spire equipped with longer range Sonic Blast
-Scion Gun Spire cost 60 scrap
-Scion Stronghold cost 60 scrap
-Scion Rocket Bomb added to Stronghold Build Tree (Thanks BZ2CP) Also, messed around with it, made it more of a stable, yet powerful, weapon.
~ISDF~
-ISDF Rocket Bomb modified and added to Armory Build Tree
-ISDF Interceptor added to Factory build tree
-ISDF Light Tank "Puma" added to Recycler build tree (Thank Natty)
-ISDF APC Speed Increased, and release rate, as well

By biggest improvement is with the addition of "Cancer"
Much like a Xerakis, except without a mine, this unit will run into their base and await destruction. Very powerful blast equivalent to Xerakis'. Very fast, with custom sounds I found lying around on my computer.

Also I have changed some of the Betty sounds. =]

Zero Angel
-Mini Salvo Could be an option as a smaller weapon, and I have thought about making Rkt. Tanks cost more because of Salvo, but I personally think Salvo is an ISDF "trait"

Thanks for everybody's input. Please come out with more.

AHadley

Hurricane

I've made the seeker more powerful, as well.
I'm making a rocket tower, too. =]

Steeveeo

Need nukes....but you gotta buy em from me :P

(DISCLAIMER. As you may tell, Im kidding, if you want to use my nukes you'll have to wait until the PRA with the actual missile comes out, or use the Recy explosion. All materials from my mod are usable anywhere to anyone, just as long as I get some credit and notification that you are going to use it.)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Hurricane

Ahh...that'd be a great idea. A Bomber with a nuke.
The question is, how would you make that fair??
haha.
No matter how much scrap you put on it, it'd be too destructive..
Unless You could make a force field building for both teams, but I can't model.
XMod's is cool, though.

Nielk1

Hey, this would be a great recycler variant. Steeveeo can help you set it up, especially now that I have drilled into him the necessity of the suffix for variants.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

Nielk1 why do you keep whoring me out to people?

"Steeveeo can help with that"
"Ask Steeveeo I bet he'll help you"
"Steeveeo knows, ask him"

etc...

Wtf?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Oh, its fun...

I basically don't have time to help and know you either know how to or have been lectured to enough on such subjects.

Well, back to my Renders for EGR-103, my Test, and my Paper. Oh yes and my annoying assembly project.

Click on the image...

Feared_1

Hurricane

I haven't edited the ODF files for 1.3pb4a etc. but if you are willing to, you are more then welcome to add it to your Recycler Variant, but I want this to be an individual project for the 1.2 model.

Which arises another question: How would I get the files ready for MM5?
I'm only 13, don't have any college experience, so don't get all tech on me.

mrtwosheds

Quote-Scion Gun Spire cost 60 scrap
Not a good alteration! they got it right at 75, scions will just crush the ISDF with their spire walking strategy at a cost of 60.

Nielk1

Ah, that just takes an alternate BZONE.CFG and another folder it says to use. Then, the MM5 renames the BZONE.CFG to BZONE.BAK, and your CFG (named like Hurricane.cfg or HCNzone.cfg) to BZONE.CFG

That is how you make a simple quick MM5 launched 1.2 mod.

EDIT: You can also swap the pilots and saved folders with ones for you mod to prevent crashes or glitches.

Click on the image...

Darkplanet01

Quote from: mrtwosheds on November 29, 2008, 07:32:13 PM
Not a good alteration! they got it right at 75, scions will just crush the ISDF with their spire walking strategy at a cost of 60.
I'm inclined to agree with you that 60 is a bit too cheap, but I don't think they got it right at 75. I think 65 or 70 would be a better price.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs harder.
Check out my site - www.freewebs.com/darkplanet01

Nielk1

Can you limit them to a certain number of cheap ones and then force them to make the more expensive ones there after? (I know I can in 1.3, but I forget what of the limiting class systems are original to 1.2.)

Click on the image...

AHadley

Ah. Just a thought... how do I get a recycler variant to show in the variant list?