• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Update on Hurricane's Stock Mod

Started by Hurricane, November 29, 2008, 02:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

okay quick very rough tutorial on AUTOREG files...

Go into Addon > autoreg. copy ivrecy.autoreg into youre documents or wherever. Open it with notepad.

Add the suffix (such as _ahadley) to the recycler's ODF name in the autoreg files, then call the file ivrecy_ahadley too)

[IAHumanRecyclerList]
This recycler will show in the human recycler list for instant action

[RecyclerListFFA]
This recycler will show in the FFA recycler list (MP)

[RecyclerListMPI]
will show in the MPI human recy variant list

[RecyclerList]
funnily enough, not sure what this defines, think its strats.

[IACPURecyclerList]
cpu's recycler list.

they are pretty self explanatory files really

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

QuoteI'm inclined to agree with you that 60 is a bit too cheap, but I don't think they got it right at 75. I think 65 or 70 would be a better price.
Its all a question of balance, the isdf have to build power gens and com bunkers to get their GT's up and around the map. The only limiting factor is the amount of room they have to build power gens at their base. The map dictates their strategy to a great extent.

Scions, with the cost set at 75m means that they need at least 2 pools, and are good at collecting loose scrap to get to the 75 value quickly. The Isdf can suppress them by attacking scavs and pools, Reduce it to 60 and they will be able to build them faster than they can be destroyed, the Isdf will be forced to rush their base before too many spires go up, resulting in very short Bad Games...

Hurricane

Quote from: mrtwosheds on November 30, 2008, 08:15:37 AM
Its all a question of balance, the isdf have to build power gens and com bunkers to get their GT's up and around the map. The only limiting factor is the amount of room they have to build power gens at their base. The map dictates their strategy to a great extent.

Scions, with the cost set at 75m means that they need at least 2 pools, and are good at collecting loose scrap to get to the 75 value quickly. The Isdf can suppress them by attacking scavs and pools, Reduce it to 60 and they will be able to build them faster than they can be destroyed, the Isdf will be forced to rush their base before too many spires go up, resulting in very short Bad Games...

Well put, Mr. TwoSheds. I thought the Scions would make it better with a one pool spire, but I guess 75 is good, considering the addition of sonic blast to the spires.

I just wanted something that would convince more people to play as Scion.

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

I already play as Scions plenty. Their tech tree is so much easier than the ISDF's, it allows for much smaller bases.

Power Board

I never understood that tech tree thing...