• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

ODF Mod

Started by Hurricane, November 25, 2008, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Everyone hates it when they land and get an interceptor.  :-D
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AHadley

Yet when I am still in the air, the AI blasts me apart with rockets from behind... how the hell can they do that? It is impossible for a player to aim that high!

Further evidence that the AI cheats, to be added to the fact that they seem to be able to build endless scavengers even when they have no scrap pools.

Hurricane

Quote from: Zero Angel on November 26, 2008, 10:10:22 PM
I've always thought rockets and salvo rockets make cool weapons. The only problem is that they're overpowered for strat usage.

I think that salvos are what makes the Rocket Tank unique. It gives it the kind of Mauler feel.

AHadley

Hurricane

Yeah. It gives it a FANG kind of feel to it.

Mauler_Bait

hehe your stuff sound a lot like my mod---Ive been able to do just about all the stuff youve asked about except for the apc guns....tho I hardly use the things except out of boredom---lesse

To change the types of wepons a ship can carry you need  to dl the .xsi pack from bzscrap.com, and edit the information for the particular ship model that goes with whatever ship you want to modify---for example i editid my assault tank's mortar mounts to combat mode mg mounts. What you have to do is open up .xsi--(the ships actual model) and change the mount you want into hp_mortar. So say you want to change the missile to a mortar you would go into ivscout00.xsi and change all the hp_missle entries into hp_mortar. then edit the .odf to match Viola mortars on scouts.

Same goes for the sentry, but id just add the dragoon and beef up its ammo values a bit it does the gun/missle thing pretty good.

The scrap cost of weapons is determined in each weapons ap file, i.e. the box you drop from the armory. thats where you set the build tree for each particular wep and its cost

[GameObjectClass]
geometryName = "apgun00.xsi"
classLabel = "wpnpower"
scrapCost = 20                        <----Here is your scrap cost
scrapValue = 0
maxHealth = 150
maxAmmo = 0
unitName = NULL
aiName = "PowerUpProcess"

lightHard1 = "hp_light_1"
lightName1 = "omnicyan"

unitName = "20mm Cannon"
aiName = "PowerUpProcess"

requireCount = 1
requireName1 = "ibsbay"
requireText1 = "Build Service Bay"

[PowerUpClass]
soundPickup = "pickup01.wav"
soundReject = "reject.wav"

[WeaponPowerupClass]
weaponName = "gacannon_c"

Adding a new ship/weapon to the factory is as easy as adding them to the armory. just open up the data.pak files with pak explorer and you will see exactly how its done. same goes for the cons---Heres my build tree for a little mod i got going

[FactoryClass]
soundBuild = "ibrecy02.wav"
soundFinish = "iapc04.wav"
reloadMsg = "ivrecy12.wav"
rescueMsg = "ivrecy13.wav"

buildItem1 = "ivmisl"
buildItem2 = "ivhvymis"
buildItem3 = "ivtank"
buildItem4 = "ivrckt"
buildItem5 = "ivatank"
buildItem6 = "ivwalk"
buildItem7 = "ivawalk"
buildItem8 = "ivrbomb"
buildItem9 = "ivbomb"
[BuildGroup10]                  <---This allows you to have an extra menu to get over the 10 ship limit
buildLabel = "Extra Vehicles"
buildItem1 = "ivmb2"
buildItem2 = "ivrckt2"
buildItem3 = "ivdestroy"
buildItem4 = "ivapc"
buildItem5 = "ivmbtank"

Aaaand here's my constructor build tree with buttloads of extra gun/rocket towers just add the .odf names of the rocket towers etc. into them like they are shown and he can build them.

[ConstructionRigClass]
buildItem1 = "ibpgen"
buildItem2 = "ibfact"
buildItem3 = "ibcbun"
buildItem4 = "ibarmo"
buildItem5 = "ibsbay"
buildItem6 = "ibgtow"
buildItem7 = "ibtrain"
buildItem8 = "ibtcen"
buildItem9 = "ibbomb"
[BuildGroup10]
buildLabel = "Extra Towers"
buildItem1 = "atower"
buildItem2 = "agtow"
buildItem3 = "rtow"
buildItem4 = "Ltow"

And yeah your right Salvoes KICK ASS!!! :) I notieced in 1.2 that they were good out to about 155 yards instead of the ai's enguage range of 120 so i increaced it in my mod and Now the rocket tanks are obscenely good with them 2 or 3 of them backed up by some turrets can drop maulers in their tracks.

Hurricane

I'm kind of picking things up as i go.
Like i figured out the armory thing.
I'm more of a self-teacher

Power Board

(I hope this is the right topic  :-o)

When I try and edit my .PAK nothing will save. Its a copy + paste of data.pak.

Any suggestions?

Steeveeo

Im thinking Data.pak may be read-only (meaning so would the copy), preventing you from saving.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

make sure youre extracting the file to a directory OUTSIDE the .pak file before you save it, then import it again once changes are made.

opening and saving a file while browsing in the .pak file will have no effect.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

You should not edit.pak at all. It is just an archive.
If you are altering data.pak then you are just breaking your install of bz2.
If you are making your own .pak, just remake it NEW from your original files every time.

Power Board

Quote from: mrtwosheds on December 02, 2008, 02:50:41 PM
You should not edit.pak at all. It is just an archive.
If you are altering data.pak then you are just breaking your install of bz2.
If you are making your own .pak, just remake it NEW from your original files every time.

I never edit the data.pak