• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Edit Weapon

Started by hybirdisdf, December 07, 2008, 07:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hybirdisdf

I tried to edit weapon via console.It wont works for me.Some players able to edit weapons.I dont use mm5 and running on 1.2 patch.This is what i do for edit weapon is (EDIT: Removed) then log in factory.All i see was nothing.What am i missing something?It only on purpose mpi.I wont use insane weapons for strat or dm game becasue i felt unfair of advantage of plain weapons while ai computer have a best exoctic wepons

Feared_1

Weapon hacking is unethical. Doesn't matter which patch you're in, doesn't matter which game type. 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 (not possible in 1.3), MPI, ST, DM, CTF, RACE, LOOT, KOTH, etc., it's wrong. I don't know if anyone will tell you here. Don't post weapon hacks publicly (or at all) next time. Thanks.

Zero Angel

Yea for sure. You might ethically hack weapons, but I guarantee that not everyone does. Secondly, by making this public knowledge on the forums, you are going to get people to bug you in-game asking how to do the weapons hack.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

hybirdisdf

I understand but i really need to know how things works.Someday i gonna be modeller.or Abanon my lifelong dream beacome model.You guys want my email adderss?

Zero Angel

Knowledge of this exploit has nothing to do with modding or modeling. You want to test weapons, drop a powerup crate in the editor. Its not hard.

(EDIT: LOL, I actually got it now.)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AHadley

Took me a few tries, too =]

You can add these weapons to the armoury, but the safeguard is that if you are using different assets to another player you will not be able to play with them because you will give them yourself an unfair advantage. It should be easy enough with PAK explorer and the armoury ODF.

Ah... did I say something I shouldn't have? If I have, I'll gladly delete my post. Or let someone else do it.

lucky_foot

I've been modding for about 4 years now, hybirdisdf, and I don't even know the basic cheats and exploits in 1.2. There is no reason to and it won't help your modding.
Jonathan S.

TheJamsh

how the console works and what you can do with it is more use for programmers, or if you are interested in the games engine.

Nothing to do with making mods in the slightest. i know we all said it but may as well make the point.

just another one of the beautiful things about public betas...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

hybirdisdf

I only know how to edit on some things that i can do for color,sky,cpu(join in ai computer)vs human).I see some things are different from console that may wont works.Its limited to my knowledge.

hybirdisdf

Quote from: Zero Angel on December 07, 2008, 08:39:03 PM
Knowledge of this exploit has nothing to do with modding or modeling. You want to test weapons, drop a powerup crate in the editor. Its not hard

From lizard editor pak?

AHadley

anomaly

Looks like you put your reply in the quote.

No, just open the editor (remember that 1.3 has it as a separate program) and place any of the objects from the object lists in the map.  Practice working with the map editor to become good at making maps.

If you want to learn how to edit .odf files you can start with looking at the few that are in the addon folder (if you are using 1.2) or use the pak extractor utility from bzscrap.com to extract any .odf files from the data.pak.  Just open the .odf files in a simple text editor like Notepad or Wordpad.  I don't know where you could find any tutorials on odf editing but, there used to be a few good tutorials on weapon odf editing on the main page of bzuniverse before it was taken down.  Anyone have a copy of those?

hybirdisdf

I opened odf file called ODF editor from bzsracp.It showing error or missing invaid.

Steeveeo

How do you STAND that color scheme?! :-o

Anyway, just open ODF files with Notepad, it lacks a flashy GUI but you can put commands and such in that BZ2OE doesnt have at this time.

Alternatively, google search for comdlg32.ocx, download and virus scan it (just in case its a phony), then place in the BZ2OE folder.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

hybirdisdf

What is GUI and BZ2OE?I never seen it b4.