• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Alien War Mod coming..... in like 20 years

Started by Darkplanet01, December 19, 2008, 04:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Dark, seriously, do what YOU want. Don't let other mods influence you if you don't want them to.

Me - I wanted them to.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Darkplanet01

Quote from: bigbadbogie on December 20, 2008, 02:13:02 PM
Dark, seriously, do what YOU want. Don't let other mods influence you if you don't want them to.

Me - I wanted them to.
I don't really want other mods to influence me, and the only one I'm letting do so is FE, because it's providing the background framework of my mod's storyline. One of the main purposes I'm doing this mod going to do this mod is as an extension of Forgotten Enemies.

To some other people, like those that are trying to influence me: I mean no offence by this, but I'm just creating a different branch of the storyline after FE. Is there anything wrong with that? Battlezone 2 itself does that - choosing ISDF will create an entire different future in the BZ world than choosing Scion.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs harder.
Check out my site - www.freewebs.com/darkplanet01

Darkplanet01

Quote from: TheJamsh on December 19, 2008, 03:46:22 PM
Why is everyone trying to make mods AFTER FE? damn, im doing it! leave my slot alone :D i sort of see the storyline as a good and bad thing...

Its good, because it keeps BZII very real, and enables you to use a lot of twists, and everything fits together nicely so far. There seems to be one general storyline written by Avatar a long time ago, that i and i think many others accept as the actual 'timeline of BZII'. It also makes mods much easier to make by already having a base to work from.

It's bad, because we keep fighting for the same spots. I aim to get Serenesis' storyline into this 'widely accepted' storyline that Avatar wrote... And i hope in doing so i can really widen the board and open up space for other mods to follow it. And tbh, Serenesis' storyline is really freaking good :). you'll love it you will! trouble is, it also follows straight after FE, although the 'playable section' starts after about 10 years atm...

The only reason its taking so long is because im trying to get everything totally new and unique, keeping it BZII, but much more exciting and in depth. Im also trying to push the engine to the limits... which might suck a bit for people with 2.0ghz or lower...

Very much looking forward to the upcoming mods. i think the next few years are going to see BZII finally reach its limit. QF1 and quite possibly QF2 had a big impact on what could be done with .dll's. BZ Classic, and all its campaigns should tie the beginning up properly, SRV is taking advantage of the pb4a patch really well, Im hoping Serenesis will wipe the floor with a lot of stuff, and EPIC should be something truly unique as well.

sorry for the thread hi-jack haha

EDIT: Oh sorry i didnt see the request for the Xaketh bomber, feel free to use if but i would credit myself for the re-make and coxxon for the models...

im eventually going to put a bomb together for AHadley, you can use it too if you like
You may forget that technically the 'actual' timeline of BZ is only the official things (BZ1 and BZ2) and it itself has two seperate branches (choice between Scion and ISDF). So why couldn't this unofficial 'actual' storyline have different branches?
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs harder.
Check out my site - www.freewebs.com/darkplanet01

bigbadbogie

Personally I think that Fleshstorm and FE are the way that the actual BZ storyline went.

But that is just me.

You are more than free to do your own thing. I am just pendantic about keeping the FE/FS/QF storyline in an accurate shape.

Remember that there are already tonnes of BZ2 mods that do their own thing. Hidden Enemies, Assimilation... there are heaps.

In fact, HE is very much like this mod, except that the new race is known as the Shree.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

OvermindDL1

Why have I not yet seen a mod where the ISDF win at the end of BZ2, and the Scions are wiped out?

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

TheJamsh

Its dead though i think, NK1 has been possesed by the 'ooo look what i can do with .dll magic' devil...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Not dead, on hold. Basically, it has no were to go and other things need my attention, like SRV, MRVP, HE, etc. aRc mod is basically my last 20 mod ideas combined, so it will exist. I need to learn a lot more to make it work right.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I'm not trying to influence you, I'm trying to mould my mod around yours. I don't like loose ends. I could tidy those up at the end, I suppose...

Nielk1

For those who don't think of it this way, even if you want to fit into the story line, stock BZ2 has a split. As thus, you can have a split take place before or after your mod thus allowing near infinite possibilities. I only request that you explain your alternate time line.

Click on the image...

AHadley

cheesepuffly

Good luck, we can learn together!

In Chezoria you kill scions, so yeah, no FE there.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!