• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 1.3pb4a Ban

Started by Dataanti, December 16, 2008, 07:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Axeminister

I don't know why he would leave the community and discontinue his mod just because of talk. Everyone is human. Talk is cheap. He could just ignore that kind of stuff.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Dataanti

:( i wanted to see the mod :'( and that is a bit extreme

Steeveeo

Quote from: Axeminister on December 23, 2008, 04:30:33 PM
I don't know why he would leave the community and discontinue his mod just because of talk. Everyone is human. Talk is cheap. He could just ignore that kind of stuff.
Its probably because of the CONSTANT talk. Somehow this little issue keeps popping back up in thread after thread, even though the issue happened quite a long time ago (a year at the very least by my reckoning).

He does have a point in that thread, however. I, for one, have never seen a chatlog of this so-called confession. Although, I did see a link in his sig a while back to a "Glitchers" forum, but it appeared to be for XBox Live and such.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

to be honest, i just dont care...

i think this conversation is done...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Commando

I was there when someone named Sean the Great admitted to lagging out Xbox Live games.  There is no way that occured anywhere near a year ago considering the statement was made after pb4 and before pb4a was released.  The comment was made in July of this year.

You are right we don't have any proof that he made the comment considering noone has a chatlog from that session with his IP attached, granted even if we did, a txt file is too easily edited to be reliable.  That and anyone can enter the chatroom pretending to be whoever he/she wanted then admit to cheating.  I believe this lack of proof is why Sean didn't get an out-right ban.  He got a warning along with anyone who reads the changelog.

I saw the comment, GreenHeart saw the comment, and even GSH saw the comment which is why GSH added the IP address to the gameprefs file.  GSH wouldn't have added it without seeing the comment himself.

There really is no point in bringing this up anymore.  Noone can prove Sean has intentionally lagged any bz2 game.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Commando on December 23, 2008, 05:25:25 PM
There really is no point in bringing this up anymore.
Exactly. So can some mod please lock the thread?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

BZTron is not his, he is in control because the original author is unable to work on it. I will take over his blessings or not, and will work to contact the original author.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Would that be Spiritplumber?

Why can't he/she work on it?

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

It would, and sean has deleted the posts of numerous ppl saying they saw him say it in the IRC (like mine).

He tried to say I cant work on BZTron and he will release it for only his friends, but I must say I did about 90% of of the fixes to get it working in 1.3pb4a and offered numerous assets. I will just release my own version at some point, but it will take several months of work to get it presentable.

I do however need the contact info for spirit plumber.

EDIT:
Sean said GH was a liar, but I must say, GH is not who added him as a commented BAN, GSH was, because, he said he lagged BZ2 in front of not only GH and I, but right in front of GSH.

EDIT2:
In addition to saying he alt-tabbed, something imposable in xbox as he claims he was speaking of, but GH has seen him in game sit and do nothing and spike lag on the monitor.

EDIT3:
For when he removes it:
Quote from: nielk1 on December 23, 2008, 06:51:36 PM
Stop throwing a tantrum and grow up. I will contact spirit myself, as that is a sane person who doesn't throw such tantrums.

And considering all the work I did for you on BZTron.

Also, if I release it, it would technically be a different mod with the same name, since it is not in any state of release and is still badly bugged.

I find it unlikely anyone will want to play it with you anyway if you act this way to them.

And I log all IRC conversations, I likely have you dead to rights in there.
GH didn't get GSH to add the ban line, what you said involving alt-tabbing right in front of GSH (there is no alt-tabbing on xbox) and other methods did.

Click on the image...

VSMIT

Spiritplumber's profile, includes an email address, her site doesn't exist anymore, though.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Email sent.

Told he what was going on and asked her, if Sean goes secluded psycho, if I can continue BZTron.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Don't bother with BZTron anymore.

Concentrate on ARC mod mate. If Sean doesn't want it done then it can't really be that important.

My BZ2 mods:

Nielk1

Sean removed the topic that I was basically orally obliterating him in and has started another, using it to change what I have said.

Quote from myself in case he removes my post:
Quote from: nielk1 on December 23, 2008, 07:58:54 PM
* nielk1 tries to continue conversation with facts and discussion
Is the email she gave at BZU still valid?

I will not delete this, as I have deleted nothing, only you have. This is a testament to your instability.

You deleted what I said in an effort to be able to change it now, but here it is:
Quote from: nielk1 on December 23, 2008, 06:51:36 PM
Also, if I release it, it would technically be a different mod with the same name, since it is not in any state of release and is still badly bugged.

I find it unlikely anyone will want to play it with you anyway if you act this way to them.

I will contact Spirit plumber and only work on anything with her permissions for her assets, also as I said previously.

New topic:
http://www.bz2md.com/smf/index.php?topic=2324.0

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Looks like he just deleted that one too.

http://www.bz2md.com/smf/index.php?topic=2325.msg33165;topicseen#new

Lets see how long this one lasts.  :-P

My BZ2 mods: