• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

XBOX 360 Red ring of death

Started by TheJamsh, December 18, 2008, 04:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

yep. it happened to me about half hour ago...

thought id relax this evening with some crap food, and gears of war. only for my xbox to suffer what microsoft call a 'core digital' or 'general hardware' failure

this has pissed me off beyond belief with microhoot. i dont think ill buy a new product from them again. their reputation has seriously dropped in my books.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Dataanti

before u send it to trouble shoot and if its only 2 lights then make sure the thing has enough power

bigbadbogie

I think the worst one is 3 lights. That happened to me once and I had to send my xbox all the way to Sydney to be fixed.

Thankfully it has worked since.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Glad I'm just on PC. Worst I get is bluescreen, which most of the time I can fix myself :)

Zero Angel

Theres fixes for that you can do yourself. Most of them involve opening up your 360 and reseating or replacing the heatsink (some of them have to do with an "x clamp" which you must replace). If your 360 isnt under warranty anymore then check your local online classifieds (craigslist, kijiji, etc) for someone who can fix that. If you live in a big or medium city there will be people who do that kind of thing for less than 60 USD (or whatever the equivalent of that is in your country).
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AHadley

That's about £38.70 at the moment, TJ.

AHadley

Just had an interesting argument about this... how many of you have got an RROD on a supposedly 'immune' Elite?

Commando

I doubt very many have considering the newest revision, the jesper series, were released in October.  I believe the manufacture date was October 23rd.  I just bought an elite which unfortunately was made in September meaning it wasn't a Jesper :(.

TheJamsh

my friend has had three cases of RROD on a standard XBOX, and two cases on an 'elite' XBOX. The problems come from insufficient cooling, using stupid soldering between joints.

My product IS under warranty, hence why i havent opened it up myself because no doubt they've got a bastard warranty seal on it. The issue is, i have no reciept, as the XBOX came as part of my phone contract.

they are going for about £129.99 atm with a game (standard console). i believe microhoot have made some modifications and adjustments since a year and a half ago, but theres still a 16% failure rate. pathetic...

GSH

See http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472, especially the second page, where they have handy guides to check the amperage rating on the X360 and translate that into X360 revision.

-- GSH

hybirdisdf

WW ii leads over xbox 360.Suprise!

CivBase

lol, I've had the RRoD three times.  Still think Xbox 360 is better than Wii.
PS3 is cool... but it is kinda expensive.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: CivBase on December 22, 2008, 10:08:45 AM
lol, I've had the RRoD three times.  Still think Xbox 360 is better than Wii.
PS3 is cool... but it is kinda expensive.

I have a wii and i think its pretty fun, (im not into violent games, well, not too many) still i have been wanting an xbawxthresexteh.

Yeah well, try an elite, supposedly they do red ring less.

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

TheJamsh

nah balls do they... my fried has had 3 standard xbox's and 2 elites all in 3 years. still got one, and they warrantied it everytime. sucks to be him