• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Tread track issue with my gun bike.

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, December 19, 2008, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

As you can see from the photo my gun bike has a nasty open distance between the cycle body and the tread based wheels. I had front and rear forks on the bike, but the effect was merely reduced by the forks and they never really centered up on the wheels anyways. Are there there any tricks I can try to get the wheels and forks to more or less look good together, or should I try something more drastic like extending the cycle body more evenly laid out on the bottom of the frame to make everything look less spaced between body and frame? Tanks BNG.

PS: Like the rock tank from which it's based on (the cycle) has an hp_dummyroot_1. Can the dummy root be removed to help with the issue? I noticed the ass. tank doesn't even use a dummy root, but still works as a tracked unit.

When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

im pretty sure that there is a 'suspension' object that is recognised by BZII, have a look at the scavenger or the rocket tank... may help

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

A dummyroot doesn't do anything at all, other than give the object a base frame.

Have you tried attaching the forks to the wheels?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

BNG Da BZ Fool

Hey that might just work BBB I'll giver a try and see what happens. Keep the idears coming at this point I can use the feedback.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.