• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Dear Modellers...

Started by TheJamsh, December 22, 2008, 11:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Okay so i recently found a way to use my CAD modelling skills to make models for BZII. But i need a bit of help with converting them. So far, i convert the model into IGES format, export it, import into 3DS max, then export as an XSI. Just to check itll open in BZII, i open it in threed first, and its fine.

As you will see from the last image however, it is going to cause me problems. i believe the axis might be wrong, it imports as one solid object, and the object has many many polies, and will crash BZII because of that. It also has no UV mapping or texture of any kind applied. Those are the bits i need help with, i need it broken down into workable objects for BZII, polies drastically reduced, and if you can, UV map the thing as well. If you can just do the first two id be grateful!

I can make the overall model, but i cannot reduce polies, or texture and i simply dont have the time to learn. Certainly not if i want to release Serenesis at a reasonable date. Any offers for assistance are greatly appreciatted.

If someone can get these models to work as they should in BZII, ill be over the moon, and you'll be straight on the Beta list when Serenesis gets to that stage. Thanks for any help!

Below are the screenies of what ive managed to do so far (just a quick example)

Create model in Pro-Desktop 8 CAD software & Export as an IGES file:

Import into 3DS max 7 using IGES importer:

Export from 3DS max 7 using Pandemic XSI Exporter:

Open in Threed to check it works in BZII:

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Warfreak

Send the models my way, and I'll compile an entire tutorial for you on what to do.

bigbadbogie

It looks like the problem is with max.

Are you sure that is the correct exporter?

The xsi exporter I use is this one:

http://dummyworld.net/files/Battlezone/xsi_Exporter6.zip
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

yeh its fine, warfreak did it for me. i just didnt know how to use max and that is literally imported as it is. didnt use optimize modifier or anything.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.