• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Spawning working ships

Started by shane ward, January 01, 2009, 05:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

What can I add in here to make the spawned ship work with a pilot in it....

[GameObjectClass]
geometryName = "spawn01.xsi"
animCount = 1
animName1 = "loop"
animFile1 = "spawn01.xsi"
classLabel = "objectspawn"
scrapCost = 0
scrapValue = 0
maxHealth = 0
maxAmmo = 0
unitName = "Spawn scout"

heatSignature = 0.0
imageSignature = 0.0
radarSignature = 0.0
collisionRadius = 0.0

[ObjectSpawnClass]
spawnName = "fvscout"
spawnDelay = 1.0

I have tried a lot of things and also tried to spawn a pilot beside the ship but they will do nothing and the ship stays empty.

What I want is the game to spawn ships onto the map using this spawn odf and be ready to attack anyting. Is there a command I can enter to include a pilot?

Thanks
Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

mrtwosheds

Obviously as a producer of several mods, you know that you use a dll or the pathpoint fpic thing to spawn units on a map at game start. So that just leaves us wondering what you are trying to do...  :-)

Create a respawning Training Center with no physical body and spawn it near the empty ships...

That's the 'old school' method.  :)

-Av-

TheJamsh

The ships wont be empty, they will havea pilot in them and likely be on team 0... at least thats how mine eneded up

Then again i WAS using scrap class to generate the spawn points...

whatever happens, you wont be able to control them either way. can only be done with .dll magic

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

shane ward

I wanted to do a lazy aip trick that I have managed (I think have solved.)

I wanted units to spawn on the edge of the map that can be taken by the aip and attack buildings and so on. Without building a enemy base

I could use the dll to spawn ships, but that would need me to write lots more code to track them and replace them if they are dead. if I allways spawn units then the map will overfill with units, making them spawn makes the game it's self track the units and spawn a new one once destroyed.

spawning the ships will make them empty, spawning a pilot on team 5 automatically kills them if they enter the ship.

So having the pilots spawn on diffrent team and allying through the dll works fine.

shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

TheJamsh

Yeh AIP will work if you use provide names cleverly.

I can do AIP's pretty good (apparently:warfreak94c says (22:47): you are almost as evil as Natty Bumppo now

I HATE them though :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.