• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The Mod Squad

Started by Red Devil, September 17, 2009, 11:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron maiden

Quotei myself don't play many mods because as long as its battlezone, its fine by me. I do however think it may be a good idea to create a category in which people can post ideas and demo's of thier own mods to get a general idea of what the community want's. Sort of like a mini community project except for a mod, i know i have a few ideas i would like to pitch, being as it i know NOTHING ABOUT DLL, scripting, modeling or any complicated things.

hate to be pushy, but does anyone have a response to this?
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Red Devil

Post in this board (Maps and Modding).
What box???

bigbadbogie

Quote from: iron maiden on September 17, 2009, 06:46:16 PM
hate to be pushy, but does anyone have a response to this?

I am always happy to hear people's ideas.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

Quote from: bigbadbogie on September 17, 2009, 06:51:42 PM

QuoteI hate them all.
Ditto.

I'm not even going to try to measure the irony of this.
C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Quote from: bigbadbogie on September 17, 2009, 06:51:42 PM

Quote from: Clavin12 on September 17, 2009, 08:04:16 PM
I'm even going to try to measure the irony of this.

And argue over them and call them rubbish of course...  :-P

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

VSMIT

Quote from: Clavin12 on September 17, 2009, 08:04:16 PM
I'm not even going to try to measure the irony of this.
Not ironic.  He heard the ideas.  Then he gave his opinion.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

I am making one mod, an 'expansion' pack in the form of an 'always on' mod, and am involved in a few others as either a tester or asset developer.

I LOVE playing other peoples mods while modding. Some of QF mod's strongpoints were... well, everything :). Okay so some things may not be as pretty as FE or FS in some cases, but what we have to remember is that BBB did EVERYTHING on his own... entirely.

I would LOVE to see G66 2.0 meet other races and recycler variants. We all know there is nothing more difficult than G66 2.0.

I think sharing ideas is great, although its nice to keep some of my best ones to myself at least while my mod is still in development. if everything goes arse over though, i'll do exactly when shane ward has just done.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

BNG Da BZ Fool

I have to agree that playing other peeps mods is a ton of fun, and helps provide inspiration to me personally. I have a feeling that I may never create one myself, but do gleen a ton of new ideas for creating uniquely different model designs. To me new mods are an invaluable resource to the community in general. For those that have created and released new mods publicly; thank you. For those still working on releasing a new mod; let us know if we can help get it done. The vast majority of peeps in this community are awesome and understand that we all share a common interest...Battlezone. BNG.

When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: TheJamsh on September 18, 2009, 01:44:00 AM
Some of QF mod's strongpoints were... well, everything :). Okay so some things may not be as pretty as FE or FS in some cases, but what we have to remember is that BBB did EVERYTHING on his own... entirely.

And it was my very first mod.

My BZ2 mods:

Rocket

well, the models in QF mod were good, just the textures that needed improving really..

i like to consider mods as a whole.. instead of just lurking around until... AH-HA! they did a mistake! :lol:...
Hidden Defenders Mod

TheJamsh

modding mistakes/bugs are much more visible when youre a 'vet' modder though.

I dont like demo's of mods, it means releasing un-protected assets before the mod itself. You cannibals...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.