• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Infinity?

Started by ScarleTomato, January 17, 2009, 11:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarleTomato

Red Devil

Yup, few years ago.  Tester there.
What box???

General BlackDragon

Yes, SpAce is working on that.

your a tester? how do i become a tester?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Red Devil

You dl it, try it, then report back to HQ.
What box???

cheesepuffly

To infinity... AND BEYOND!

Yeah i had to say that, if not me someone else.

Looks like some sporeish exploration game. (space stage anyway)
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

General BlackDragon

oh, RD means he's tried the combat prototype...thats not what i was thinking he ment :P

*****General BlackDragon*****

Steeveeo

Quote from: cheesepuffly on January 17, 2009, 01:01:49 PM
Looks like some sporeish exploration game. (space stage anyway)
From what I have seen, no.

It appears that it will be at least 200 times less boring and over 1 million times as awesome.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

reminds me of BSG for some reason

hey someone make a BSG mod? (note to self)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

ScarleTomato

the way their talkin it seems almost like freelancer but infinitley better

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Steeveeo on January 17, 2009, 05:08:42 PM
From what I have seen, no.

It appears that it will be at least 200 times less boring and over 1 million times as awesome.

I could agree with that, but then again i had the guts to get to the center of the galaxy in spore....
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

BS-er

That is an extremely ambitious project, aiming for an MMO as well as surface to space transitions.  Normally I'd say their reach far exceeds their grasp, but the programmer/lead appears to be one smart cookie.  I hope they pull off a decent game.

Nielk1

They have pulled off a lot of those things already.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

It is not really that ambitious.  The engine they made is the one that I have been wanting to make if I had time (and they happened to make it *exactly* as I detailed how I wanted to make mine).

And yes, they have been putting the occasional tech demo on their page to download and try if you are interested.  Nothing overly special (but then I know how it works).  The special bit will be to see how good of a game they make around the engine.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

BS-er

The engine itself isn't all that ambitious, although it looks to be like a fine piece of work.  Making a respectable MMO of any kind seems to be ambitious to me, but then to support a detailed planet surface and space elements, and all the gameplay details involved, and I'd say the overall scope of the project is quite ambitious, to me anyway.  I wonder how the game design will live up to the engine design.

OvermindDL1

We shall see.  They may use procedural generation for most of it like I was doing...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey